Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A few simple tasks

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Ali0191

A few simple tasks

Post by Ali0191 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 am

Ok, I have collected my first zed and its amazing :D

But there are a few very simple things that I cant manage :oops:

1. I was going to either get a diagnostics cable or get a gaptech for remote use of the roof. But in playing around I have found that the roof will come down if I hold unlock, but how do I put the roof back up with the key?

2. How on earth do you get the overhead interior lights out? I wanted to get them out to check the bulbs before buying the wrong LED ones.

3. When I put the roof down/up normally sitting in the car, the windows automatically go down half way at the beginning, are they not meant to go back up at the end?

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup:

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Re: A few simple tasks

Post by aquazi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:43 am

Ali0191 wrote:Ok, I have collected my first zed and its amazing :D

But there are a few very simple things that I cant manage :oops:

1. I was going to either get a diagnostics cable or get a gaptech for remote use of the roof. But in playing around I have found that the roof will come down if I hold unlock, but how do I put the roof back up with the key?

2. How on earth do you get the overhead interior lights out? I wanted to get them out to check the bulbs before buying the wrong LED ones.

3. When I put the roof down/up normally sitting in the car, the windows automatically go down half way at the beginning, are they not meant to go back up at the end?

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup:
1. cant without a reprogramme... also i found holding the button the raise the roof to be a bit flakey... sometimes would stop half way!
2. get a credit card to carefully pry the trim away. I used an Iphone opening tool to open mine. If you have the 3 separate vanity lights (the 2.0 dont seem to have them) then you will need 3 501 style lights. The centre one will need to be short.. the side ones, have no cover over them.. so you can still touch the bulb - so make sure the LED ones you get look pretty!
3.If you keep holding the button they will go back up.... or again the gaptech does that for you!

Ali0191

Post by Ali0191 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Cheers for your help, solved all the problems for me. I think I am just going to go for gaptech!

With the bulbs, should I be careful with the amount of 'SMDs'? I don't know anything about this kind of thing and to me more seems better but I don't want it to melt the plastic or something. I just have the 2 bulbs covered by plastic so dont mind what it looks like.

Toe-side

Post by Toe-side » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Ali0191 wrote:Cheers for your help, solved all the problems for me. I think I am just going to go for gaptech!

With the bulbs, should I be careful with the amount of 'SMDs'? I don't know anything about this kind of thing and to me more seems better but I don't want it to melt the plastic or something. I just have the 2 bulbs covered by plastic so dont mind what it looks like.
There are different types on different models some festoon, some T10's. Search under LED's or similar it has been covered and build physical size. If they are T10's I posted some pics.
Enjoy the ownership :thumbsup:
Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive