Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Throttle adaption reset

huffman

Throttle adaption reset

Post by huffman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:54 pm

My wife's Z4 was was sitting for 2 weeks while we were out of town. We came back to a dead battery that was replaced 3 days before we left - that's another issue.

When I finally got the battery recharged and the car started, the motor would just surge up & down, car would not go more than 3 mph.

While she started looking for a rental car in the face of having the Z4 towed yet again, I stumbled upon DaiC's revised Throttle Reset so thinking I got nothing to lose went out and tried it exactly as posted. Ran like a champ, after tooling around the neighborhood to see if the problem was going to come back I got the nerve to hit the back road. I hit 70 mph no problem, seems to be OK.

All lights are off but the Service Engine Soon warning, will ask my mechanic about that, we just has it serviced at the last towing a month a go so it should be good. Assume that is from the battery being disconnected for 3 days while I charged the battery.

Thanks for the info, saved me another tow and a mechanics bill.