Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Post 04 cruise control retrofit N52

Baracus (aka Steve)

Re: Post 04 cruise control retrofit N52

Post by Baracus (aka Steve) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi all

I'm new on here and not even introduced myself yet but i'm very interested in doing this asap so thought i'd post anyway :)

Where can i get the bits from? BMW? If so how much would i expect to pay for the loom and switch? or am i better off trying to get it all from a scrapyard?

I've had a 2006 3.0si in Black for about 3 week now :)
2006 Z4 3.0si

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 pm

DanEvs wrote:Just found this- CLICKY

Look right??

Looking forward to doing this job now. 8)
wow - I'm stunned that those instructions are still there, I havent been with bulldog for YEARS!

Those are indeed the instructions that I received with my kit which the dealer printed off for me :) Can't speak for facelift validity though...
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Baracus (aka Steve) wrote:Hi all

I'm new on here and not even introduced myself yet but i'm very interested in doing this asap so thought i'd post anyway :)

Where can i get the bits from? BMW? If so how much would i expect to pay for the loom and switch? or am i better off trying to get it all from a scrapyard?

I've had a 2006 3.0si in Black for about 3 week now :)
Hello, there are numerous threads on here with the relevant part numbers and prices keep changing... best to contact the dealers and get some quotes or as you say scour the scrap yards etc..
-- Gannet.

Baracus (aka Steve)

Post by Baracus (aka Steve) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 pm

nice 1 mate :) yeah i'll probably just nip down to bmw for the kit, probably much easier than trying to remove it all 1st from a scrapyard. As for fitting, it looks far easier than i thought goin off what i've seen

Cheers again :)
2006 Z4 3.0si

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Baracus (aka Steve) wrote:nice 1 mate :) yeah i'll probably just nip down to bmw for the kit, probably much easier than trying to remove it all 1st from a scrapyard. As for fitting, it looks far easier than i thought goin off what i've seen

Cheers again :)
if the wiring loom is present itshould take about 10 minutes...

Wiring loom present on cars built before oct 2004 :thumbsup:
-- Gannet.

Baracus (aka Steve)

Post by Baracus (aka Steve) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm

gannet wrote: Wiring loom present on cars built before oct 2004 :thumbsup:
Yeah i've read that. Mines 2006 so i took it that it wouldn't be there :(
2006 Z4 3.0si

san4ever

Post by san4ever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Did the CC retrofit last Sunday but was very concerned when I discovered pin 4 in the DME 26-pin plug as to the BMW instructions was occupied. After many hours on the net I found the post from jamiecarpenter and followed his insructions last night and it all worked like a charm. The best part is there was no BMW software update needed because the CC worked as it should the first test drive :D There was however one thing that did not match up and that was the short blue wire labeled C provided in the kit, this wire was not needed because it did not fit, I had to use the wire labeled A4 with the connector, this was on a N52 3,0Si 2006
BMW Z4 E89 sDrive35i DCT JB4
Ac Schnitzer rims type IV BiColor
Slotted BMW Brake discs
AdaptiveSuspension
H&R lowering kit
Rear wing

Pics: http://www.hellhopp.se/

DanEvs

Post by DanEvs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:59 am

DONE! :D
Image3.0 SI with many bells and whistles. Love it!!

Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

:popcorn: might need some brave pills to try this, but local Stealer just quoted nearly £700 - £200 parts (which seems OK as they have new cowel too) and £500 for labour because it takes 4 hours to recode the car. :thumbsdown:
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Guiseley wrote::popcorn: might need some brave pills to try this, but local Stealer just quoted nearly £700 - £200 parts (which seems OK as they have new cowel too) and £500 for labour because it takes 4 hours to recode the car. :thumbsdown:
Utter crap, I picked up the loom just yesterday for £13.66 plus vat (inc 10% discount) and the stork as available for £60 from memory. And there is no coding required.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do mine or not but as SatNav looms are not available now I bought the cruise loom just in case so I have all the parts.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 pm

perhaps another group buy should be organised

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Taz x wrote:perhaps another group buy should be organised
not sure where that would get you, 10% discount is easily obtained from your local dealer, you just have to say your next nearest dealer will give you 10%.

I also have all the bits, so as they say I'm out. :D

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 pm

i'll shut up then lol :P

Bug

Post by Bug » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks OP - just done the retrofit on my '06 2.5si Sport with the use of your instructions.
Luckily I didn't need to remove the glove box lid and did the work over a couple of evenings after work.

Just to agree with san4ever, the blue splice cable supplied in the kit wasn't needed as the connector is actually too big for the connection block. Luckily I pre-tested everything before cutting any wires.

For anyone out there that's thinking of buying the pre-cut cowel, I managed to get a pretty neat job with just a hacksaw and two grades of sandpaper, it is more work but if you don't have a dremmel then it's perfectly adequate as the plastic is pretty soft.
Note - Remove the material up to but not over the raised lines of the cutout and it should be perfect.

Thanks again all!

Dave

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Bug wrote:Thanks OP - just done the retrofit on my '06 2.5si Sport with the use of your instructions.
Luckily I didn't need to remove the glove box lid and did the work over a couple of evenings after work.

Just to agree with san4ever, the blue splice cable supplied in the kit wasn't needed as the connector is actually too big for the connection block. Luckily I pre-tested everything before cutting any wires.

For anyone out there that's thinking of buying the pre-cut cowel, I managed to get a pretty neat job with just a hacksaw and two grades of sandpaper, it is more work but if you don't have a dremmel then it's perfectly adequate as the plastic is pretty soft.
Note - Remove the material up to but not over the raised lines of the cutout and it should be perfect.

Thanks again all!

Dave
does the lower cowel just pull off after you remove the screw? i removed my screw and pulled my cowel pretty hard but it wouldnt budge.