Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

add to :-HOWTO: Fix wiper resting point issues

Jl-c

add to :-HOWTO: Fix wiper resting point issues

Post by Jl-c » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Did mine today and took a few (hopefully Useful!) pictures. Note:- I had to use a puller to remove the arms, never been off I assume. Removed loads of forest from the plenum chamber! Rather than struggle with the stupid (siezed in my case) plastic fastenings, heat up a flat blade screwdriver and melt a 'slot' in the top of each screw head, remove and discard. Replace with original body but black self tapping screws with silicon grease on them to help next time. Also use the grease on the black snap connectors along the screen edge when you have got them apart or retrieved them from the scuttle panel! Very expensive stuff the grease but is made for greasing window tracks and is great for that, if windows a bit slow. Use spray white grease with ptfe for the wiper rack and relubricate the worm drive in the motor with vaseline. Before assembly spray the copper pad and contacts with contact cleaner/lubricant. And yes, my Wife complains I squeeze the toothpaste in the middle too :rofl:
Attachments
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg (344.44 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1165.jpg (401.91 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg (348.29 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Ex E86 Z4 3.0si coupé facelift blue now Z'less
Porsche 997 C2S black-gone-, Mazda Eunos 1.8 yellow-gone-, Audi S4 Avant v6 Quattro 3.0 supercharged red-gone. Abarth 500 red. Abarth 124 Spider GT black. Porsche Cayenne red.