Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Upgrading the audio in an '06 Roadster

TrentSC

Post by TrentSC » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:19 pm

[newbie alert]

I've just picked up my 2.5 Sport and am enjoying it hugely, but the stereo is a little limited and I'm looking at other options.

My current car has an single DIN aftermarket DAB unit with Bluetooth, so I can use Android Auto with my phone for calls and music. However, while I like it and would look for something similar, it doesn't support the steering wheel controls, which I'd like to be able to use. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I'm not particularly bothered about having a vast fold-out screen, so what might my options be, and what have other people done?

Separately, is there a preferred mobile phone mount which you think is useful? The job one on my current car is OK, but it wobbles horribly, which at least has the advantage that my daily step count looks awesome after a long journey!

Thanks in advance...

Philip

TrentSC

Post by TrentSC » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Sorry, I should have added that it's got the S662A Radio BMW Business CD and S672A CD changer for 6 CDs.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm

I recently completed my upgrade. My progress starts about half way down the first page: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99127&hilit=aftermarket+headunits