Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Single DIN head units

Zed4our

Single DIN head units

Post by Zed4our » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Have read the threads on here about retro fitting a sat nav that involves cutting a large hole in the dash (eek). Call me a chicken but I'm thinking about one of the single din jobs with fold out screen. I fitted a double din job to another car - the unit was a Chinese cheapo and it has exceeded my expectations as the android system allows me to have my preferred sat nav plus a back up camera and iPod interface with steering wheel control ( Bluetooth for phone as well). Think this could be fun in a future E85 I'm tempted with rather than looking for one with original sat nav. Thoughts?

Spaniarduk

Single DIN head units

Post by Spaniarduk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

The oem sat nav in the e85 e86 with the dash top flip up screen is both very expensive and so outdated it looks a relic. Avoid! Avoid!
Go on eBay and look for Joying, 1DIN. It's a 1DIN (also 2DIN available, but it won't fit in an e85-6 dash) with screen sizes in 7", 8" and 10.1". It allows for the connection of DAB radio receiver and also a reversing camera.
Last edited by Spaniarduk on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

Spaniarduk

Single DIN head units

Post by Spaniarduk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

The own sat nav in the e85 e86 with the dash top flip up screen is both very expensive and so outdated it looks a relic. Avoid! Avoid!
Go on eBay and look for Joying, 1DIN. It's a 1DIN (also 2DIN available, but it won't fit in an e85-6 dash) with screen sizes in 7", 8" and 10.1". It allows for the connection of DAB radio receiver and also a reversing camera.
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

goldbcfc

Single DIN head units

Post by goldbcfc » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222535535173? ... 1555.l2649

I have some audio 2 weeks old I bought then took out the z4 I was selling. All new from audio shop in bham cost me £300 I have all wires and facia etc. Can split parts if needed for sale.