Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hardwire Bluetooth Module

carl2990

Post by carl2990 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 pm

Quick question for people.

I've got a Bluetooth device which plugs into the aux socket and cigarette lighter. If I wanted to hardware the power, is there a way to do this. (thinking behind the panel under the stereo) without the risk of a flat battery I.e. hardwire it to a source which switches on and off with the ignition?

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:34 am

You can get a piggy back fuse an just find a ignition only fuse in the the box
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 am

3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:40 am

carl2990

Post by carl2990 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks for the replies, with a piggyback fuse how do I ensure the wires to the Bluetooth module are correctly grounded?

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:19 pm

I used one of the screw or bolt fixings by the fuse box