Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Basic audio door speakers

sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:09 pm

I have an e85 with the 6 speaker basic stereo and seem to remember reading somewhere the door speaker grills are blanks. Does anyone know if there is any wiring fitted to them so speakers can be fitted or if not if any company does a direct replacement set of upgrade speakers that can be fitted easily i.e no soldering of connections,crimping or major fitting. I just want to unscrew/unplug/screw and plug in and go with improved speakers.

Thanks for reading
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:19 pm

No wiring there, but the tweeter has a full range signal so you can tap into that wiring
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

bony_13

Post by bony_13 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:01 am

As above, there is a wire to the tweeter which carries full range audio signal that you can tap into, but not one that is totally spare waiting to be plugged in.

There is a guide by perrygun which explains everything so worth having a search for. Its also worth fitting some sound deadening to the doors while the doorcards are off.