Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Removing dice mediabridge and renabling factory Bluetooth

docp

Post by docp » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:31 pm

Hello everyone

My car (m coupe) came with a dice mediabridge already installed. The car has DSL and I believe Bluetooth - it has "Bluetooth preparation" as an option / the pairing button on the rear storage compartment and a telephone option on the sat nav screen.

I use an android phone so don't have any need to use the dice. I would like to remove it and use the factory aux in and factory Bluetooth. I'd be greatful for any advice on how I should go about removing the dice and how to reconnect the original setup. I can access everything and have found the dice box (it has been put in a reccess under the steering wheel).

The other thing I can figure out is how to connect the factory Bluetooth. I have tried switching off / holding pairing button and starting etc but no joy. Would the dice installation have disabled this?

Many thanks

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:02 am

I'd try to get the dice working.
Chances are that with an android phone the factory bluetooth wont work. Most BMW bluetooth modules of that era have a bug that it doesnt work with the android bluetooth stack since android 4.4
Afaik a dice cant disable a bmw bluetooth ULF.

If you have problems pairing use the manual. first erase the stored entries.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

docp

Post by docp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:39 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply

The audio quality from the dice unit is quite poor - especially when comparing the aux on the dice to factory aux. Hence why I am keen to remove it. I have read about the Bluetooth incompatibility but have also read the latest versions (i.e 6) of android work ok? I'd obviously be keen to try pairing before removing the DICE, but my issue is that I can't get the pairing process to work - nothing happens when I follow the pairing procedure. The option from my car is this: "633 Prep.mob. Ph. Business Bluet.interf. Handy Vorb. Business/bluetooth-sch.".

If I did remove the DICE - would it be likely that some of the original wiring / looms had been removed, or would it be a case of just removing the DICE and connecting things back up to the original stereo?

Thanks for your help!

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 am

My factory BT in my 06 works fine with Android.

Have you removed all existing pairings as there is a limit

Ign = 0, Press pairing button 3 Sec, Ign = 1, Release pairing Button after 3 seconds, press and hold pairing button again for 10 seconds to delete all pairings

docp

Post by docp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:12 am

Great! Thank you so much! Deleted pairings and now phone is paired and working. So I think I will remove the DICE unit - can anyone tell me if it is just a straight forward removal - just disconnect the unit and remove? can I leave all the wires in place (i.e the harness going into the back of the headunit)?

Thank again for all your help!