Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Playing Spotify via Bluetooth on DSP System

Tusk

Post by Tusk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi all

I've got a 2006 M roadster with DSP (no nav or changer) and I am looking for the best way to allow my iPhone to automatically connect to the stereo Bluetooth function and then allow me to play Spotify through it.

I'd like to keep the dash looking as OEM as possible so was wondering what the best approach is?

I've read about Dension, DICE, mediabridge and Parrots but I'm a bit confused as to which is best for me.

I don't want to HAVE to connect the phone to a lightening connector, but the OPTION to do so would be nice for longer trips and charging. This is the but that's confused me.

Thanks
Wayne

yoghurtman

Post by yoghurtman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:36 pm

I had the same dilemma with my E89 which has the standard professional (sic) basic head unit. No nav.

Not sure if you have the USB and 3.5mm jacks in your model (mine are in the centre console) but I used the ViseeO tunetoair unit specifically for BMWs, which once plugged in, synched to my iPhone via bluetooth and displays track info through my standard headunit. Quality is OK too.

I can also change tracks using steering wheel controls and adjust volume too.

Tusk

Post by Tusk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 pm

yoghurtman wrote:I had the same dilemma with my E89 which has the standard professional (sic) basic head unit. No nav.

Not sure if you have the USB and 3.5mm jacks in your model (mine are in the centre console) but I used the ViseeO tunetoair unit specifically for BMWs, which once plugged in, synched to my iPhone via bluetooth and displays track info through my standard headunit. Quality is OK too.

I can also change tracks using steering wheel controls and adjust volume too.
Thanks for this info I'll take a look.

Did you have DSP?

I don't have a USB or aux in.

yoghurtman

Post by yoghurtman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:34 pm

No DSP