Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPod Touch 128gb (Gen 6)

Skinhead201

iPod Touch 128gb (Gen 6)

Post by Skinhead201 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:12 am

Bought one of these last week. I'm currently running an old Classic 120gb which is fine through the USB/3.5mm jack connection in the center console. When I connect the Touch I cannot get anything to work and the head tells me the cable is not supported. I don't think the cable is faulty as such but is there a compatibility issue with the connectors? The Classic obviously works off the 30 pin (analogue) connector and the Touch off the (digital) Lightning connector.

I'm driving an 11 plate sDrive 2.3 with the standard BMW Professional stereo system fitted. Is there a way to get the Touch to work or is a stereo upgrade requires.

Cheers in advance.

PS

I'm a complete technophobe so any answers will have to be in laymans terms with little crayon drawings :D

Skinhead201

Re: iPod Touch 128gb (Gen 6)

Post by Skinhead201 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:40 am

Cancel the above, I'm a dick. :roll:

I've just plugged in a 30 pin to lightning adapter I had on by Bose docking station and the Touch works perfectly. For some reason before trying that tho the Classic stopped being recognised by the stereo. Perfect timing or just Spooky :D