Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dice Mediabridge

AndyZ

Dice Mediabridge

Post by AndyZ » Sun May 10, 2015 7:39 am

OK - so I've read as much I can find on the forum about the media bridge but as a non-techy, I could do with a bit of advice please on the bits I can't find answers to.
I've got the basic single CD / radio set up with the pop-up nav screen. Any ideas how I should set up the DIP switches? Do I have the business CD radio or the 4:3 navigation radio?
Also, most the threads talk about installing into a CD changer which clearly I don't have. Do I find a set of connectors somewhere in the car to fit to the supplied loom?
Hope you can help - thanks. :thumbsup:
M4 competition - OOOoohhhhhhhh Yes!
Z4 35is e89 - gone
Jag F-type coupe R (RWD) - gone
Z4mc e86 - gone
M3 e92 - gone
Z4 3ltr e85 roadster - gone

AndyZ

Re: Dice Mediabridge

Post by AndyZ » Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 am

Found loom to connect to, still need info on DIP switches. Also don't seem to have any blue tooth. Anybody got any bright ideas? :headbang:
M4 competition - OOOoohhhhhhhh Yes!
Z4 35is e89 - gone
Jag F-type coupe R (RWD) - gone
Z4mc e86 - gone
M3 e92 - gone
Z4 3ltr e85 roadster - gone

CovertConvert

Post by CovertConvert » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Andy

I know its been two months since you posted on this topic but I have just found it. I too am looking to install the Mediabridge kit to my Z4 but am struggling to find information on it or even where I can buy one in the UK? Did you ever fit in and if so where did you get it from?

Also it says you are in Hampshire, where abouts as Im just outside Portsmouth.

walker1c

Post by walker1c » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Another two months on...

I installed a Mediabridge recently. Bought it from Amazon - their prices are usually quite good, but the main attraction is their good returns policy.

Installation is very easy. There's a YouTube video that's quite useful for showing you how to locate the connectors in the boot. I first installed it in the boot, but I then found that the supplied microphone cable wasn't long enough to reach the fascia. So I installed it inside the smallest compartment in the central storage behind the seats. This works well, although I had to hack a rather big hole in the side of the storage compartment to feed the square connector through. It doesn't really matter as you can only see it if you open up the storage hatch and peer carefully inside.

The result works well with limitations. The main one is that it doesn't save its play position, so every morning starts with the same track, and you have to search for the music you want to play using the MFSW buttons, which is very tedious. Or you can randomise: it takes the MB 5 to 10 minutes to shuffle about 2 Gib of music, during which time nothing is audible. The shuffle, too, is lost when the unit powers down (about 5 min after switch-off as far as I can tell).

The Bluetooth hands-free phone works surprisingly well (though I don't know what it sounds like at the other end). But this only seems to be active when the MB is playing music.
2006 2.5i Z4 Roadster, Titansilber/dream red : 2015 530d Touring, mineral grey/oyster

McKoval

Post by McKoval » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm

A small thread hijack ;)
I'm considering buying a mediabridge.. no, I want one!
I have a 2006 z4 with logic 7 10 speaker dsp setup, with bluetooth, no nav (still, as I cant find a damn loom to connect all the pieces I have gathered)
So wich one should I buy, to be sure it works, and not to have to change it after retrofitting sat nav?
And does it connect to the back of the HU or somewhere in the centre console?
cheers,
Maciej