Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Paring phone with z4m standard fit nab unit.

Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:59 am

Ok go easy here as I am learning but also struggling. The booklet says press the button above the strorage compartment for 3 seconds.......but what button, what storage compartment?

I have pressed the phone button on the wheel and the one of then dash and no entering pairing mode.......hang on, is it revering to buttons in the armrest where CD and nav units are.

New to iPhones as well, but if I have a iPhone 5, do I just get a cradle/ cable from BMW that will allow it to dock/ connect in the armrest, or as this is just for phone and not music am I better off just with the std Bluetooth for that?

I have an iPod Classic with some 700+ albums as well! how would I connect this to the system?

Like I said new to this.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Paring phone with z4m standard fit nab unit.

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:07 am

The pairing button is inside the centre console, visible when you open the flap.

You need to press that, not the buttons on the steering wheel.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Simon_P

Post by Simon_P » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am

Mark - it’s not the most intuitive system and takes a while/some patience! It took me a few goes the first time for it to connect. Then all worked perfectly. Have bluetooth switched on and pairing screen on the nav then press the button in the console - you don't need a cradle for the phone to work. For your iPod you can use the aux socket with a cable (if you have one) or the intravee option.
Z4M Roadster - Interlargos/Champagne

Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:37 pm

As I typed I realised there was a storage hole behind me and that the answer was bound to be in there.

iPod uses a cable in the other cars (aux in), so no problems with this, but I assume this means that the playlists/control over the iPod will be lost or is there an iPod connector that allows this function? Or is that the intervee option?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:55 pm

1. Have you definatley got Bluetooth? Just becasue it's on the head unit and MFSW means nothing.

2. Aux was standard in Z4's manufactured in 2007 (maybe late 2006). If you want to keep control of the iPod you need a Dension, Dice or Intravee.

Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:44 pm

All paired, took a few attempts though

petrolhead88

Post by petrolhead88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Thread revival time. I'm having trouble pairing my phone to the standard Z4M stereo. I press the button on the central storage compartment lid but nothing happens.

I've tried holding it down then turning the ignition on and nothing. Also tried just pressing and holding it with the ignition to position 2 and again nothing. The phone doesn't pick up any devices nearby either.

Is there a chance my car doesn't have bluetooth? On the original spec sheet using VIN decoder it has the following:
644 PREP. FOR. MOB. PH. BLUET. INTERF.

I can't see any options on the stereo for bluetooth. Advice would be much appreciated :?
Current fleet:
BMW Z4M Roadster
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ford Fiesta 1.0

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20747

this is the best and simplest post iv seen :thumbsup:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity