Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Head Unit Adapter Plate.

The hairy angler

Head Unit Adapter Plate.

Post by The hairy angler » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am

I recently swopped out my business radio cd player on my 2004 Z4 for a Kenwood DAB unit with AUX and USB built into the front to enable use of my Ipod classic. The Halfrauds BMW adapter plate was total RUBBISH (Autoleads).
I found this on the net......

" BMW Z4 E85 Single din Facia adaptor plate - CT24BM06
This single din facia will convert your non din-sized aperture left after removing the factory fit stereo to a single din size, with this you will be ready to fit your aftermarket head unit, i.e. a Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc.
The high quality finish, colour and texture are designed specifically to maintain the original look of your vehicles interior. All our products are genuine Connects2 accessories, so unlike other buyers we offer full UK branded adaptors instead of cheap poor quality none branded products.
This single din facia will fit the following vehicles:

BMW Z4 E85 : 2003 onwards"

From a firm called ICE In Car Entertainment. I gave them a ring explained my issues with the non fitting Autoleads item and ended up buying the Connect2 item.
Connect2 adapter plate arrived promptly. and fitted like a glove!!! (with my Kenwood Head unit.) RESULT. I can Recommend this company..good advice..and a good product. Thanks

Regards, John Duggan aka The hairy angler. :driving:

darren_rigg

Re: Head Unit Adapter Plate.

Post by darren_rigg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I found these on a few sites and was looking for some feedback on how good they were.

I'm please that yours fitted well and think I will be buying one once I have decided on a replacement head unit.

Toe-side

Re: Head Unit Adapter Plate.

Post by Toe-side » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Pictures hairy angler??
Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive

goon

Head Unit Adapter Plate.

Post by goon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:10 pm

I can concur with this, the autocracy item in my z looks appalling.