Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth pairing with Z4M with sat nav

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:36 am

:headbang: well this is mega frustrating!!! :headbang:

I have followed both sets of instructions to hold down button before, after (& during), but just cannot get the elusive "BLUETOOTH PAIRING" to display!

Any other tips???
Z4C 3.0si Sport 2008 | Alpine White | Black CSL'ish 19's

Polarbert

Post by Polarbert » Sat May 07, 2016 12:09 am

I'm in the same boat. Just got an LG G4 and trying to pair up the Bluetooth. I'm having great difficulties doing so. The phone see the Bluetooth on the car a mile away, but I cant get the car to initiate the pairing sequence. Anyone able to help out? There are so many different things on the internet about it.

Polarbert

Post by Polarbert » Sat May 07, 2016 1:58 am

I've tried following the procedure to delete all stored bluetooth devices on the car but none of what I've read is having an effect.

I also read that the dealer needs to delete any bluetooth devices. Is that the case? Anyone with a z4m roadster managed to delete their bluetooth devices? http://telewizor.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
Last edited by Polarbert on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biojo

Post by biojo » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 pm

mines always worked lol

get in car, hold button for 3 seconds, turn ignition on wait a further second let go of button

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:03 am

Hallelujah!!! I have finally paried my phone (iPhone 6)! :thumbsup: So just in case anybody else finds themselves in the same situation, here's how I did it (on 2008 Z4C with nav):-

1. Get your phone to the Bluetooth On/Off/Devices settings page and switch off Bluetooth.
2. With KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION, open phone compartment and press and hold the Bluetooth (man shouting!) button for 3 seconds.
3. Then with the button still pressed, insert key into ignition and turn key two clicks (where all the warning lights come on).
4. JUST AS THE SAT-NAV STARTS TO OPEN, release the Bluetooth button.
5. Quickly turn on Bluetooth on the phone. Timing seems to be critical and it took a couple of attempts to get the elusive pairing phone prompt.
6. Once at the prompt, I just entered the 4 digit Bluetooth key into my phone and it connected straight away, and after a few minutes had copied my address book of a few hundred numbers across.

Hope this helps others that find themselves sat in their nice new car swearing at it for hours!!!! :headbang:

Cheers,
Lee
Z4C 3.0si Sport 2008 | Alpine White | Black CSL'ish 19's

Rich-hill

Post by Rich-hill » Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm

I followed these and got it the 4 digit PIN, however couldn't find a PIN to enter anywhere? Is there a default one?
Wylie1 wrote:Hallelujah!!! I have finally paried my phone (iPhone 6)! :thumbsup: So just in case anybody else finds themselves in the same situation, here's how I did it (on 2008 Z4C with nav):-

1. Get your phone to the Bluetooth On/Off/Devices settings page and switch off Bluetooth.
2. With KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION, open phone compartment and press and hold the Bluetooth (man shouting!) button for 3 seconds.
3. Then with the button still pressed, insert key into ignition and turn key two clicks (where all the warning lights come on).
4. JUST AS THE SAT-NAV STARTS TO OPEN, release the Bluetooth button.
5. Quickly turn on Bluetooth on the phone. Timing seems to be critical and it took a couple of attempts to get the elusive pairing phone prompt.
6. Once at the prompt, I just entered the 4 digit Bluetooth key into my phone and it connected straight away, and after a few minutes had copied my address book of a few hundred numbers across.

Hope this helps others that find themselves sat in their nice new car swearing at it for hours!!!! :headbang:

Cheers,
Lee

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun May 22, 2016 9:41 pm

The car's Bluetooth PIN should be on a card or sticker with your phone manual or, if that's gone missing, it's on the bluetooth module behind the carpet in the boot

See here viewtopic.php?t=20747
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Rich-hill

Post by Rich-hill » Sun May 22, 2016 9:56 pm

PerryGunn wrote:The car's Bluetooth PIN should be on a card or sticker with your phone manual or, if that's gone missing, it's on the bluetooth module behind the carpet in the boot

See here viewtopic.php?t=20747

I will dig out the manual, however I've not seen one.
If not I will check the boot

Kiddo

Post by Kiddo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 pm

I had problems pairing any phone to my '03 Z4 following the manual, but eventually this worked for me with an iPhone 6S and an old 3G:

1) Turn your phone's Blutooth on (making sure it's detectable)
2) Open up centre console.
3) Put key in ignition.
4) Press and hold Blutooth pairing button for one second then...
5) Turn ignition to position two/two clicks then...
6) Release Bluetooth pairing button.

^That bit happened in about three seconds. When my screen opened-up, it was displaying BLUETOOTH PAIRING.
BMW(then approx. six numbers) was then displayed on my phone.
The next bit caught me out numerous times to the point where I thought something was at fault with my car. It all came down to turning my ignition OFF quick enough. If I was too slow, I'd lose the pairing even though the code was accepted and it would pair for about a second before losing it with every further attempt.

7) Get ready to turn off the ignition and keep an eye on your screen...
8) Select BMW****** (it'll be a unique number to your car) on your phone and type in your four digit Blutooth passkey.
9) PAIRING SUCCESSFUL (I think) is displayed on screen then instantly...
10) Turn off the ignition
11) Ignition on and a successful pairing

To reiterate; if I left the PAIRING SUCCESSFUL message for too long, it would change back to BLUTOOTH PAIRING. Only turning the ignition off before the change got it to work.

Hope this helps,

Neil
'03 3.0i Manual E85 in Sterling Grey - Sat Nav, TV, Aux, CD Changer, Bluetooth, Heated Leather Memory Seats, Cruise Control.

85genius

Post by 85genius » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Kiddo wrote:I had problems pairing any phone to my '03 Z4 following the manual, but eventually this worked for me with an iPhone 6S and an old 3G:

1) Turn your phone's Blutooth on (making sure it's detectable)
2) Open up centre console.
3) Put key in ignition.
4) Press and hold Blutooth pairing button for one second then...
5) Turn ignition to position two/two clicks then...
6) Release Bluetooth pairing button.

^That bit happened in about three seconds. When my screen opened-up, it was displaying BLUETOOTH PAIRING.
BMW(then approx. six numbers) was then displayed on my phone.
The next bit caught me out numerous times to the point where I thought something was at fault with my car. It all came down to turning my ignition OFF quick enough. If I was too slow, I'd lose the pairing even though the code was accepted and it would pair for about a second before losing it with every further attempt.

7) Get ready to turn off the ignition and keep an eye on your screen...
8) Select BMW****** (it'll be a unique number to your car) on your phone and type in your four digit Blutooth passkey.
9) PAIRING SUCCESSFUL (I think) is displayed on screen then instantly...
10) Turn off the ignition
11) Ignition on and a successful pairing

To reiterate; if I left the PAIRING SUCCESSFUL message for too long, it would change back to BLUTOOTH PAIRING. Only turning the ignition off before the change got it to work.

Hope this helps,

Neil
If you turn it off too quickly you'll miss the share contacts message that appears on your phone screen so won't be able to import all your phone contacts into the car, meaning you have to delete the phone from the cars memory and go through the process again
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

r0bb0

Post by r0bb0 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:13 am

Struggling with this myself, I need the code from BMW 1st. Read on another forum that it's the last 4 numbers of the vin, can anybody confirm this?
Cheers

85genius

Post by 85genius » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 am

r0bb0 wrote:Struggling with this myself, I need the code from BMW 1st. Read on another forum that it's the last 4 numbers of the vin, can anybody confirm this?
Cheers
No its written on the Blutooth module which is under the carpet in the boot, just search Bluetooth module location on here you should find a guide
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny