Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parrot MKI9200 (bluetooth and ipod solution) - Install

tjradiohead

Re: Parrot MKI9200 (bluetooth and ipod solution) - Install

Post by tjradiohead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:11 am

The MKi9200 is the perfect solution for me, it's just a shame that the built in amp is so dreadful. Even the BMW Business HU is better.

Have any of you had any luck bypassing the Parrot amp or using a separate amp?

Boonwick

Post by Boonwick » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:31 am

:D Great write up Hotride,thanks for that. I know this is an old Thread but I have only just got my Zed (2.2i 2004) This is not only my first Z but my first BMW too. Loving it. My car came with a Parrot installed but no remote, so I was hoping it would work from the steering wheel controls but no. :( So I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get this functionality working? In the meantime I have ordered a replacement remote (eBay £34) Thankfully the system automatically pairs with my iPhone and using the iPhone controls I can do everything I need to, just not ideal when I'm driving! Be great to hear about any success stories or advice on getting the controls integrated. Thanks
"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left"

richardjgreen

Post by richardjgreen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:30 pm

have the same set up all speakers working with carver
volume on wheel works the strange thing is when you approach a speed camera the volume goes up loudly for a few seconds even with the speed camera function turned off?? :|

Ninarvana

Post by Ninarvana » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 am

I need to get a bluetooth kit fitted when I collect my lovely MC and so I was looking at the Mki9200 - however the car already has an intravee fitted so I am not interested in using the Parrot for music, ONLY Bluetooth. Therefore, what cables would I need to successfully install this and is it therefore possible to use the intravee as well as the Parrot for these reasons? The car has the professional Hifi system.
Thanks,
Nina.
Current - Inty - '56 Interlagos MC

Artist | http://www.facebook.com/ArtistNinaRoseBarber
Writer | M-Rated http://www.facebook.com/NinasMRated

Anchefonk

Post by Anchefonk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Ninarvana wrote:I need to get a bluetooth kit fitted when I collect my lovely MC and so I was looking at the Mki9200 - however the car already has an intravee fitted so I am not interested in using the Parrot for music, ONLY Bluetooth. Therefore, what cables would I need to successfully install this and is it therefore possible to use the intravee as well as the Parrot for these reasons? The car has the professional Hifi system.
Thanks,
Nina.
I'm in the same situation. Can anyone give us a hint??
Will only use the parrot for BT. Intravee will manage the ipod.
What if we chose to control the parrot with the steering controls? What will be the extra cable?
Thanks in advance.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I bought the extra unit so I could use the steering wheel controls, I can't recall why but I disconnected it, I recall I did not have a great deal of control though, I think I only had volume up and down and if I recall it locked up

Anchefonk

Post by Anchefonk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Taz wrote:I bought the extra unit so I could use the steering wheel controls, I can't recall why but I disconnected it, I recall I did not have a great deal of control though, I think I only had volume up and down and if I recall it locked up
ok, sounds reasonable to get first everything sorted out first, and then later think about the controls.
So, what will be the 3 cables that I need to buy for a HIFI Professional (NO DSP), NAV....and so on.??
MC0441, XC0451 and MC9905???

Anchefonk

Post by Anchefonk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 am

I got a message from and ebay vendor (Commplexsolutionsltd) saying the following.
"It is not possible to connect a simple AUX Cable to this vehicle.
We do have a lead for handsfree muting and outputting the music from the MKi9100's amplifier."
What should I understand from here... That the Streamed music will be amplified through the internal amp of the parrot?? thats poor quality...
Those of you who managed to connect the MKi9200 how did you shorted everything out so you can stream music through the HiFi system?
:x

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Parrot MKI9200 (bluetooth and ipod solution) - Install

Post by Terryvision » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Buy this cable:

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/acatalog/i ... 99AUX.html

I've posted this cable on many a thread! Ditch the parrot loom and install this. Mine works a treat!

'You must have aux function on the headunit' if not you'll need to install the capacitor and resistors (do a search :lol: )

Anchefonk

Post by Anchefonk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Terryvision wrote:Buy this cable:

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/acatalog/i ... 99AUX.html

I've posted this cable on many a thread! Ditch the parrot loom and install this. Mine works a treat!

'You must have aux function on the headunit' if not you'll need to install the capacitor and resistors (do a search :lol: )
Good!!!

Will buy the cable.. Now, I don't have the aux cable, will this one work? http://www.ebay.es/itm/cable-aux-BMW-Z4 ... 636&_uhb=1
This one looks better: http://www.ebay.es/itm/BMW-Z4-E84-E85-X ... d37&_uhb=1

What about the capacitors and resistors?

biojo

Post by biojo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:16 pm

I`m looking at getting the mki9100 as i`d wantt he display out of sight.

Ive been in formed that this cable with unika would mean no cutting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181313602581

The sella says itll be pre configured and i wouldnt need any other adapters, coul some one confirm this is the case

thanks
Carl

jaxZ4

Post by jaxZ4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Sorry I can't confirm if that's the correct UNIKA cable but I'm puzzled why you would want the display out of sight ? The display which is excellent shows tel calls, track info etc. so is very useful AND the actual display pod easily "dismounts" from it's connection mount so you can store it a neat little wallet out of sight / in your pocket if you don't want it on display when you leave the car.

Or do you have Nav and hope to use that as display - not sure if that can be done with Parrot either.

My understanding is that the UNKIA cable is to allow the OEM MFSW to operate and I can confirm if installed correctly - I had it done professionally - all the MFSW functions do work in addition to the neat stick on dash controller.
04 Sterling Grey 3.0i SE SMG sadly sold. Now in an Aqua Blue 981 S P car

biojo

Post by biojo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:14 pm

if i could use the sat nav screen that would be perfect but unfortunately ive not seen any thing to allow that, apart from buying all the bits and fitting the OEM one, price wise it would cost a bit more and its more of a pain to install.

I`ll have the intravee for ipod, as this uses the screen to show track info.

I would hopefully mount the screen like on here

http://s1.postimage.org/tbMyr.jpg

I`m only wanting the small screen version so should fit allot neater i hope, i dont use phone allot in car, but for the odd time i do, id miss having it.

soundb0y

Post by soundb0y » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:46 am

Sorry guys finding this all a bit confusing. I have an 03 e85 that has had an aux cable fitted under the heater controls. Pretty sure I have the ten speaker system without carver.

Will the kit from justcarkits do the job?

Anchefonk

Post by Anchefonk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:14 pm

It will do.... BUT you will loose the NAV voice, no more Navigation commands or POIsOn alerts.