Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How To Find Out Your BlueTooth Passcode + Pair It [Guide]

christurbo

Post by christurbo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Passcode:

If you have misplaced your BT passcode then you can find it from your ULF modulewhich has been installed into your boot.

The first thing that you need to do is read up on this guide it will show you how to access the ULF module:

http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_Z4_Bluetoo ... tions.html

I didnt have to do all the steps so this is what I did:

1] Remove the battery floor.
2] Pull back the carpet upper floor.
3] Remove the 2 plastic screws to left of the 'bump'.
4] Carefully pull up the carpet wall so you can see the ULF module.
5] The BT passcode will be on the top left hand side of the ULF as on a long sticker seen here:

Pairing

A big thank you to 'wegras' for this :thumbsup:

Here is the official guide as found in your hand book:

Put simply:

1] Put key into ignition but do NOT turn.
2] Press and hold the Bluetooth button down found in the drop down centre console for 3 seconds
3] Whilst holding the button turn the ignition on to position 1, wait 3 seconds and release the BT button.
4] Bluetooth Pairing appears on the Head Unit, search for your car [BMW ULF] on the BT menu of your phone.
5] Enter your BT passcode [your phone should sync].
6] When everything has sync turn the ignition to '0' to save.
2005 | E85 | Z4 | 2.5l SE | Black | Beige Oregon Interior | MFSW | BlueTooth | AUX In | Red Out Rear Lights | Smoked Front HL Corners | Carbon Fibre Trim | ZHP //M Gear Knob |
2006 | EP3 | Honda Civic Type R | Premier Edition | Track Prepared |

leo9castro

Re: How To Find Out Your BlueTooth Passcode + Pair It [Guide

Post by leo9castro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Guys I just bought an used Z4 3.0i...how do i know if I even have bluetooth in the car? I understand that all cars have the same steering wheel style ready for bluetooth. Can someone help?

ATL& CO

christurbo

Post by christurbo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08 pm

You will have a phone kit installed in the centre console, failing that look into the recess in the boot as detailed above for the ULF, or try and pair your phone!
2005 | E85 | Z4 | 2.5l SE | Black | Beige Oregon Interior | MFSW | BlueTooth | AUX In | Red Out Rear Lights | Smoked Front HL Corners | Carbon Fibre Trim | ZHP //M Gear Knob |
2006 | EP3 | Honda Civic Type R | Premier Edition | Track Prepared |

Newbers

Post by Newbers » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Good info!
On my Z4 Coupe the code was on the back of the Bluetooth box. With out undoing the mounting I was able to read the code with a mirror. This was a bit of a test as the numbers were a mirror image but it worked! :D
Coupe, KW coil overs, PSB limiters, Powerflex ARB bushes, 18" CSL reps, Aero skirts, ZHP leather knob, Whippy and proud. Probably needs a wash :roll:

spearman

Post by spearman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Nice one! Worked a treat!

:thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 ///M Roadster

Nuclear Jam

Post by Nuclear Jam » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Newbers wrote:Good info!
On my Z4 Coupe the code was on the back of the Bluetooth box. With out undoing the mounting I was able to read the code with a mirror. This was a bit of a test as the numbers were a mirror image but it worked! :D
Would you be able to elaborate on exactly how you did this? I have removed the battery cover and the two plastic fasteners but for the life of me can't figure out he to remove the left hand panel which I guess would then allow me to remove or at least gain access behind the cabin/boot separator panel?

Rialas

Post by Rialas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm afraid it's a complete pita.
I removed mine when trying to trace a rattle (which I traced to a shock top mount).
Can't remember the order I removed the trim but when I get to wifi I'll upload some pics that may help.

You'll save a lot of hassle if it's viewable with a mirror (dentist mirror) as suggested above.

Nuclear Jam

Post by Nuclear Jam » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Rialas wrote:I'm afraid it's a complete pita.
I removed mine when trying to trace a rattle (which I traced to a shock top mount).
Can't remember the order I removed the trim but when I get to wifi I'll upload some pics that may help.

You'll save a lot of hassle if it's viewable with a mirror (dentist mirror) as suggested above.
That would be really appreciated, thanks.

GreyZed

Post by GreyZed » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Prepare to be underwhelmed if you get it working.
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

Rialas

Post by Rialas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Bluetooth with iphone works great.

I did a major strip down. Here is a video, which will hopefully get you there without needing to do all the work I did.

From about 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIfb0CW ... ata_player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bcworkz

Post by bcworkz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:07 pm

It's possible to have bluetooth without the centre cradle. Well, for sure in North America, not so sure for the rest of the world. Thus there is no pairing button to push. Using the steering wheel does not work. In this case, the ULF automatically searches briefly for bluetooth pairing any time the ignition turns on, so have your phone ready to start searching, turn on ignition, initiate search on phone. Continue with step 5 above.

In retrospect, I can't remember if it has to be in phone mode or not, so pressing the R/T button may be required after ignition on.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

Nuclear Jam

Post by Nuclear Jam » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for the video Rialas, mine looks quite different to yours though. The piece of carped that runs up to the cabin/boot separator on mine seems to be joined to the piece that covers the bluetooth module. I also don't have the plastic fixings securing the carpet pieces together. Yours is an ///M right? The battery in mine is sunk below the carpet and not boxed in on the right like yours/

[Edit with pics for clarity]
The part I'm stuck at is where I have artistically painted an arrow on the attached image. Just above the boot light the carpet seems to be secured somehow behind the plastic side pieces.

I can remove part A, part B and C seem to be joined together and it seems like I need to remove the left hand side piece to be able to get behind C.

I'm thinking trying to get the code from BMW would be the easist option, does anyone know if they would hold a record of the code from the time the car was initially sold?

bcworkz

Post by bcworkz » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

BMW does not have a record of passkeys, they hook their DIS computer up to the car and query the ULF module that way.

Can't help with the dismantling of coupé carpet bits, sorry.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

Rialas

Post by Rialas » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Nuclear Jam wrote:Thanks for the video Rialas, mine looks quite different to yours though. The piece of carped that runs up to the cabin/boot separator on mine seems to be joined to the piece that covers the bluetooth module. I also don't have the plastic fixings securing the carpet pieces together. Yours is an ///M right? The battery in mine is sunk below the carpet and not boxed in on the right like yours/

[Edit with pics for clarity]

I can remove part A, part B and C seem to be joined together and it seems like I need to remove the left hand side piece to be able to get behind C.

I'm not at my car so can't completely remember the order I removed them.

What you'll need to try is to lift the bottom of C and see if you can get to the Bluetooth unit or view the number with a mirror as suggested.
To do this you will probably need to remove A & B AND also the two panels that cover the rear wings. You will need to remove the plastic trims that cover the rear panel and light cluster.

BUT if you want to completely remove C then it gets even more difficult.
You will also need to remove the rear upright mouldings that surround the rear quarter windows and the roller blind.

Sorry I can't be more exact with my description without being at the car.

All these trims interconnect so you have to go slow as not to break any of the pieces.
Good luck.

Rialas

Post by Rialas » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm

In the middle of this thread, trim removal.
Yours should be easier without the battery in the way.

Ps.
This guy removed C without needing to remove the roller blind and associated trims.

http://www.billswebspace.com/MZ4Subwoof ... lation.htm