Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How To Find Out Your BlueTooth Passcode + Pair It [Guide]

VvrooomM

Post by VvrooomM » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:34 pm

You need to take out the side piece to get proper access to the rear bulkhead area.

Couple of screws behind boot lock takes out the plastic trim. Rear light covers come away, detach light wire and and little storage nets pop out and that's almost it. There is a clip up in corner behind the light that holds things in place.

Tapatalking on my iPhone.......
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

Nuclear Jam

Re: How To Find Out Your BlueTooth Passcode + Pair It [Guide

Post by Nuclear Jam » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Just a quick thank you to everyone that offered advice on how to locate the BT module. I was hoping that would be an easy option but due to there being a fair amount of disassembly which to be honest I don't really have the time for I have since spoken to the dealer where I bought the car who have arranged for me to take it into Wellsway BMW for them to read the code off.

ricknau

Post by ricknau » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Does it have to be the dealer or can any auto shop read the code? I'm have big trouble getting to the code. Must be on the back of the module. Don't have a mirror on a stick. Not sure it will help anyway without me being twisted around like a contortionist!

VvrooomM

Post by VvrooomM » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm

It's on the long side of unit.
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

bcworkz

Post by bcworkz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:09 pm

ricknau wrote:Does it have to be the dealer or can any auto shop read the code?
To read the pass key code electronically, you need the proper BMW software. Dealers of course have it, some independents have it. You can even get copies off e-bay, but installation is far from plug and play.

I choose to simply remove the unit in order to read it off the label, that way I could take a photo and file it with the service records. While working whilst bent over the boot wall is uncomfortable, it's better than working under the dashboard, so not all that bad as far as these thing go.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

SPB9_Z4M

Post by SPB9_Z4M » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:52 pm

In case it helps anyone, I have just retrieved the Bluetooth passkey / code from the TCU without accessing through the boot. As per the following link, I was able to read the PK code off the sticker on the TCU by looking through the gap between the subwoofer behind the passenger side seat (for a right hand drive car) having removed the speaker trim from inside. Pictures at the link are clear.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810847

I found the only way the pairing step worked for me was to release the button promptly after 3 seconds (much longer and it wouldn't go into pairing mode).
Present: Z4M Coupe | Black Sapphire | Black Nappa
Previous: Mini Cooper S (JCW body kit) Black

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Just used this thread/guide and got mine to work in under 5mins from start to finish!