Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AUX DIY

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

AUX DIY

Post by Lynchy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks Sam and Stu for your help :thumbsup:

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

AUX DIY

Post by markplant » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:12 pm

samZ4M wrote:The one I got, had a little inline PCB with the resistor on it, then covered in shrink wrap, got anything like that? Similar to this:

I was told if it didn't have one, the AUX won't appear. The resistor bridges something so the stereo can 'see' an AUX is connected.
Does this one pictured charge as well, an is there a non iPhone version, do you have a link, thanks
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

samZ4M

AUX DIY

Post by samZ4M » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:39 pm

I just grabbed that off google images, so unsure. It looks like there are 2 extra cables you'd need to tap into a 5v for it to charge.

samZ4M

AUX DIY

Post by samZ4M » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:14 am

I've asked before, but no answer. Anyone find the AUX is quieter than CD's? It's frustrating, as I need to keep burning them.

MJJamieson

AUX DIY

Post by MJJamieson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:35 am

I've not found any noticeable difference to be honest. :?
2004 E85 Z4 2.5i SE Sterling Grey.

brainstorm

AUX DIY

Post by brainstorm » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 pm

I did fit Aux cable that i bought from:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301066788151? ... EBIDX%3AIT

But now when its fitted the sound quality is crap!!! No base and almost no Voice and i have kind of eco effekt on the sound.

Does anyone now what the problem can be?

I did connect it to the corner of the stereo with the 2 cables on top and the single cable on the bottom.
I don't have a disc changer, Bluetooth or Navi.
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG (126.35 KiB) Viewed 6000 times
//Michael

Kiddo

AUX DIY

Post by Kiddo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:25 pm

samZ4M wrote:I've asked before, but no answer. Anyone find the AUX is quieter than CD's? It's frustrating, as I need to keep burning them.
I've just fitted one and yes, much quieter. I basically have to either put the volume on my iPhone 6S into the "danger zone" and hope I remember to put it down again before I use the headphones, or put the volume on my head unit right up and hope I remember to put it down again before switching to radio/CD! :lol:
'03 3.0i Manual E85 in Sterling Grey - Sat Nav, TV, Aux, CD Changer, Bluetooth, Heated Leather Memory Seats, Cruise Control.

ChrisC85

AUX DIY

Post by ChrisC85 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:47 pm

I ordered my cable from BMW Chigwell, going to collect tomorrow. I'm almost ashamed of the price I paid for it..............£61.50. Yes, that's right, for a friggin cable.

Anyway, in the meantime I have uninstalled the vents (not too bad, took 5 minutes with a bit of fiddling and no damage to the dash surround) Took, the stereo out and now ready to fit the aux cable when I get it tomorrow.

I know it's a lot of money but I did for peace of mind knowing I bought something that's original and potentially gives a better quality of sound than using cheaper cables.

Oh and a little tip, mask up the surround around the vent/stereo to avoid scratching and damage.
Attachments
IMG_1911.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG (91.53 KiB) Viewed 5743 times
Sold: Z4M Coupe, Sapphire Black.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

AUX DIY

Post by sk93 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:25 am

You'll not get better quality than with one you make yourself.

£61 for two capacitors and a resistor is criminal
:zzzz:

ChrisC85

AUX DIY

Post by ChrisC85 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm

sk93 wrote:You'll not get better quality than with one you make yourself.

£61 for two capacitors and a resistor is criminal
I know, I didn't think it would have been that much. But anywho, I got it fitted today and I am very pleased. Sound quality was absolutely great! Maybe I would have gotten the same quality if I were to have made one myself but nevertheless I am happy with the result.
Sold: Z4M Coupe, Sapphire Black.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

AUX DIY

Post by sk93 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:06 pm

That's all that matters :thumbsup:
:zzzz:

Phil-E30

AUX DIY

Post by Phil-E30 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Looking at this item on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E84-E8 ... xyVaBSxWuG

Has anyone tried it and if so, is there any further work required to get it to work properly (with Nav, Bluetooth and CD changer) and display AUX mode option etc?

Always mindful that things that are a bit cheaper, it's often for a reason. Having said that, BMW's prices are certainly on the inflated side.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise."
Muhammad Ali

samZ4M

AUX DIY

Post by samZ4M » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Fruity is the man to go to, if in doubt email him and he'll show you the way. I got mine from him, with some excellent support. I have NAV, BT and CD changer and it works a dream, if a little quite (for some reason AUX is quieter than CD's, but that's just how it is with the cars)

Phil-E30

AUX DIY

Post by Phil-E30 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:18 am

samZ4M wrote:Fruity is the man to go to, if in doubt email him and he'll show you the way. I got mine from him, with some excellent support. I have NAV, BT and CD changer and it works a dream, if a little quite (for some reason AUX is quieter than CD's, but that's just how it is with the cars)
Cheers Sam, I think I'll grab that then. Was the item you bought the same as the one in the link I posted?

The issue with the volume baffles me, there isn't really a good reason as to why this should be affected. It seems like some people reckon there's an issue and other's don't. Very weird.
"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise."
Muhammad Ali

stevespg

AUX DIY

Post by stevespg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:56 am

Phil-E30 wrote:Looking at this item on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E84-E8 ... xyVaBSxWuG

Has anyone tried it and if so, is there any further work required to get it to work properly (with Nav, Bluetooth and CD changer) and display AUX mode option etc?

Always mindful that things that are a bit cheaper, it's often for a reason. Having said that, BMW's prices are certainly on the inflated side.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
That's what I bought , if you contact him he may ship with the wires not installed in the plug, which makes life easy as the wires fit in the existing sat nav plug .

Mine is quieter than cd ( so is my saab!). sound is fine otherwise.

Have a look also at the USB/ iPod / iPhone charge cables for Bmw mini.... saves having a " mess" of wires on the transmission tunnel

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231188059675
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone