Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth / CD changer hookup help please!

WayOfTheGinja

Post by WayOfTheGinja » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:28 pm

The guy I bought my Zed (e86) from didn’t seem to know much about what it had in the way of AV. So I started digging:

- Business head unit (easy one to work out!)
- Basic 6 speaker audio setup
- Some weird cheap Bluetooth unit spliced in behind the head unit, I’d found this on my iPhone’s bluetooth menu but never managed to connect - I cut this out (it was one of these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402123882312 ) Was wired directly into some power cables as well as a clip into the aux connector on the back of the head unit
- A loose connector behind the head unit - not sure what it’s for
- OEM Bluetooth (got the phone setup in the centre console and eventually found the ULF box after much trim removal - got the pin code now but still can’t get it into pairing mode)
- CD changer connector (wahoo) - plan on connecting this up to maybe one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0773MX7BG/ ... zFbRPZ3X6W

So my questions are:
- Any help getting the OEM Bluetooth into pairing mode (I’ve tried holding the phone button in the centre console for 3, turning ignition on them releasing after another 3)??
- What is the loose black connector in the photo from behind the head unit? Is it something to do with the OEM Bluetooth or the CD changer?
Attachments
C7905273-1CB1-4E2C-872A-07A60B1B718A.jpeg
C7905273-1CB1-4E2C-872A-07A60B1B718A.jpeg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Current - E89 23i M Sport - Metallic Black
Previous - E86 Coupe - Montego Blue

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Looks like you are missing the outer sheath for that black plug. Might be on the one you removed. Those two plugs handle the CD change, BT and Nav sound so you will want to plug it back in.

WayOfTheGinja

Post by WayOfTheGinja » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Thank you! Yes, looking at the pin outs elsewhere on the forum those two wires do fit there once the outer sheath was reinstalled. Once connected I tried entering pairing mode and it actually went into the mode! Wouldn’t pair with my iPhone 11 though (entered the passcode from the ULF sticker and also tried 0000 - just said “Failed”) and now doesn’t want to try pairing again.
Well, I am a step closer at least!
Current - E89 23i M Sport - Metallic Black
Previous - E86 Coupe - Montego Blue