Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Subs in boot

Anmarube

Subs in boot

Post by Anmarube » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi all. ,

How are people adding subs to their Z4s. Subs and amp in boot or under seat subwoofer.
What's the rear section like between seats and boot. Does bass travel through at all?
Don't want mega bass just upgrading from what I have which is the standard 6 speaker system.
I have a grom on the way and some focal components for the foot wells.
Will be having the plastics off to see what I can fit in the cubby holes and replace the 4 " that's their with focal comps too.
Just need that bit of a thump to go with the system but don't want it to take over what little space is in the cabin.
I also like my seats in the same position ( yes it's sad I know) and with something behind the passenger seat it will sit too far forward. Not a good look in my book
So it's either 8" subs in the cubby holes depending on space or 10" boxed sub in boot. Can make my own box to suit. Would rather the bass in the car though instead of telling everyone else I have bass.

Hope this makes sense.
Cheers.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Subs in boot

Post by john-e89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Anmarube wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm Hi all. ,

How are people adding subs to their Z4s. Subs and amp in boot or under seat subwoofer.
What's the rear section like between seats and boot. Does bass travel through at all?
Don't want mega bass just upgrading from what I have which is the standard 6 speaker system.
I have a grom on the way and some focal components for the foot wells.
Will be having the plastics off to see what I can fit in the cubby holes and replace the 4 " that's their with focal comps too.
Just need that bit of a thump to go with the system but don't want it to take over what little space is in the cabin.
I also like my seats in the same position ( yes it's sad I know) and with something behind the passenger seat it will sit too far forward. Not a good look in my book
So it's either 8" subs in the cubby holes depending on space or 10" boxed sub in boot. Can make my own box to suit. Would rather the bass in the car though instead of telling everyone else I have bass.

Hope this makes sense.
Cheers.
Google Source sounds in Sheffield Russell, they’ve done an E85 with a few pics in the gallery on their site. Might give you some pointers.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Anmarube

Subs in boot

Post by Anmarube » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Brilliant John, I'll have a browse when I sit down for the evening.. Appreciated.

Anmarube

Subs in boot

Post by Anmarube » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:58 pm
Anmarube wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm Hi
Google Source sounds in Sheffield Russell, they’ve done an E85 with a few pics in the gallery on their site. Might give you some pointers.
Well that was a mistake, Morel Virtus 602...6.5" components on the way to me for the Cubby holes to go with the Focals in the footwell.
This was only supposed to be a low budget project.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Subs in boot

Post by john-e89 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Anmarube wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:58 pm
Anmarube wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm Hi
Well that was a mistake, Morel Virtus 602...6.5" components on the way to me for the Cubby holes to go with the Focals in the footwell.
This was only supposed to be a low budget project.
:lol:

‘Tis a slippery slope straying off the OEM track my friend....
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Anmarube

Subs in boot

Post by Anmarube » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Very true, But we only live once too. Enjoy each day I say.