Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Easiest way to bleed/change your Brake fluid

AlanL

Re: Easiest way to bleed/change your Brake fluid

Post by AlanL » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:25 pm

1. About 5-10psi is plenty.

2. I usually just dump in a bottle and keep bleeding until it is gone. Brake fluid doesn't really have a useful shelf life once you open the bottle so I just put it all in. If you are trying to replace all of the fluid then use 2 bottles.

3. If you go for the 2 person method be very careful to make sure you close off the bleeder valve while there is pressure in the line so no air gets back into the line.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Yep we were good. I got the chamber up to about 10psi, but the tube going to the car's fluid resovior still had air in it....is that normal?
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 am

No problem - the only problem is when there is no fluid in the reservoir and air goes down into the brake lines.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s