Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue May 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Torq will only read and clear engine related codes as it can't communicate with any of the other modules in the car.

Mike

AndyS

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by AndyS » Wed May 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Z4 - Kev wrote: Uuummmm.........interesting!Wonder if a C110 would work for my bloody air bag light? http://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 6#p1287856Can't help thinking it probably wouldn't.
For the cost of the C110, it might be worth a try.
2016 Alpine White E89 20i M Sport

Freddy07

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Freddy07 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:51 pm

c110 worked for me, 2007 3.0si. front pass door sensor (right side), also said there is a low voltage at connection.
$43.00 how can you go wrong. :thumbsup:

spun

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by spun » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 pm

AndyS wrote:So just to give people an update......
The C110 arrived and out to the car I went, full of anticipation.
It was, however, short lived as the option to find an airbag fault code or extinguish the light didn't!!
Deflated, I went back indoors to contemplate the situation.
I discovered a YouTube video which suggested checking all sorts of other menus to reset the airbag light.
Off out to the car again with renewed enthusiasm.
A short time later and the airbag light is out!
Just for info, my fault code was lurking in the following sub menu:
SBSR [Satellite, B-pillar, right]
The fault given was:
98D5 Resistance, firing circuit, front airbag, right (E85), or passenger airbag (e6x), stage 2, too high
I have no idea what the code is referring to but the light hasn't been back on since resetting it so keeping my fingers crossed.
THAAAAAAAAANNNNNNKKSS

I had the same problem until read your comment!

Thanks man!! :))
Z4R 3.0i M54 55k km - VF supercharger - ESS performance exhaust - Kw suspension - 135I Brembo 6 pot Brakes - Cobra misano Seats - ... Image

MJJamieson

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by MJJamieson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:47 pm

C110 works great for me, just a shame I can't update on a Mac.
2004 E85 Z4 2.5i SE Sterling Grey.

jpvd

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by jpvd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm

AndyS wrote: Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 pm So just to give people an update......
It was, however, short lived as the option to find an airbag fault code or extinguish the light didn't!!
I discovered a YouTube video which suggested checking all sorts of other menus to reset the airbag light.
The fault given was:
98D5 Resistance, firing circuit, front airbag, right (E85), or passenger airbag (e6x), stage 2, too high
I have no idea what the code is referring to but the light hasn't been back on since resetting it so keeping my fingers crossed.
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU....i purchased a C310 to clear an airbag light after installing a passenger seat bypass unit...was about to send the reader back as i just could not clear the light....then i looked in the submenu you mention above and voila!....fixed and light off..... *phew* ....mot is next week and cadwell park on friday, so was beginning to think i wouldn't be going, but now *fingers crossed touches wood* it is all good!...... :thumbsup: :driving:

AndyS

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by AndyS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Glad to have helped in some small way.
Enjoy Cadwell Park :D
2016 Alpine White E89 20i M Sport

aps360

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by aps360 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Afternoon all, newby here, I have a 2004 z4 2.2 se,
On Friday I had the dreaded airbag light appear on my dash,
This was ok before I parked up and was only out of the car 5 mins,
I found the forum and this post,
I purchased a C110+ code reader, and found the following codes,
9853 Short circuit, firing circuit, front airbag, left, stage 2(E85), or active head restraint, front right (E6x), to positive

I have cleared the code and the light on the dash went out, but as soon as I turn the ignition back on after disconnecting the
code reader the airbag warning light illuminates,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for loose connectors or what I may need to replace.

Cheers

Matt
2018-06-17 15.48.15.jpg
2018-06-17 15.48.15.jpg (135.73 KiB) Viewed 1890 times

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:33 pm

aps360 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:23 pm Afternoon all, newby here, I have a 2004 z4 2.2 se,
On Friday I had the dreaded airbag light appear on my dash,
This was ok before I parked up and was only out of the car 5 mins,
I found the forum and this post,
I purchased a C110+ code reader, and found the following codes,
9853 Short circuit, firing circuit, front airbag, left, stage 2(E85), or active head restraint, front right (E6x), to positive

I have cleared the code and the light on the dash went out, but as soon as I turn the ignition back on after disconnecting the
code reader the airbag warning light illuminates,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for loose connectors or what I may need to replace.

Cheers

Matt

2018-06-17 15.48.15.jpg
Hi, if it’s saying short circuit I doubt it will be a loose connection. It sounds more like cable damage to me?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

aps360

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by aps360 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up, any ideas where to start looking?

Kiddo

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Kiddo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 am

I've just had this very problem but on the drivers side after repairing my window regulator. I did everything I should (apparently) to stop the airbag light coming on so was gutted to see it appear after reconnecting the battery. It turned out when i disconnected the airbag connector securing clip on the back of the connector, two small, thin plastic pins that make up part of the securing clip broke. When the clip is inserted, not only does it secure the airbag connector, but these pins prevent a short circuit between the connector and the airbag socket (basically, thinks it's not inserted properly and throws up a code). I used two thin bits of plastic trimmed off of a cable tie to replace the pins, reinserted and cleared the code with a C110.
'03 3.0i Manual E85 in Sterling Grey - Sat Nav, TV, Aux, CD Changer, Bluetooth, Heated Leather Memory Seats, Cruise Control.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:37 pm

The cars ecu can interpret things weirdly. Had an E85 in today with a dead roof, diagnostic said one of the wires to the hall sensors on the latching motor arms was shorted to earth, it wasn't as the cable had physically snapped in the loom so it couldn't have been shorting to earth..

Mike

davros

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by davros » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:16 pm

The fault given was:
Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread, which has been a life saver :D
My airbag light came on after removing the drivers airbag to install some soundproofing (I had disconnected the battery, so was disappointed when the light came on after restarting the car :( ).
I borrowed a c310 but couldn’t find an error code in the airbag system but then I saw this thread and found the error code in SBSR satellite B Pillar right as you had suggested :thumbsup:
The code has now been cleared and not reappeared so far :trampoline:
3.0i E85 Sterling Grey, Infinitas supercharger, Aero sills, xenons, pro hi-fi with dsp & nav, power fold mirrors. B12 kit, Eisenmann backbox, //M-Sport Seats, carbon dash, cruise and more mods in near future...... :)

Z4-04

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by Z4-04 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm

I know this is an old post however I want to report that I found a scanner that has worked very well with my 2004 Z4. My scanner is a Autophix ES910 and it has worked perfectly on detected airbag lights and deleting and also a blown fuse. This is a BMW dedicated scanner, not a universal. I paid about $ 100 and it paid for itself the first time.
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster, sapphire black, Oregon beige interior

MefiEcosse

Code Reader/Reset Tool

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:13 pm

The fault given was:
Thanks, this tip has also just helped me clear my airbag light! :thumbsup:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018