Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another Roof Motor Replaced by Bowser134

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 pm

A friend of mine had her roof done a month or two back by Bowser, she’s not on here but this reminds me she wanted me to say thanks for a great job :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

620turbo

Post by 620turbo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm

No PM from you bowser and I am unable to send PMs for some reason. Says I need to be active in more discussions or something stupid.

I was a member on here a few years ago and actively contributed to many topics but I left due to a few idiots on here back then.

Thanks.
Last edited by 620turbo on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm

620turbo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm No PM from you bowser and I am unable to send PMs for some reason. Says I need to be active in more discussions or something stupid.

I was a member on here a few years ago and actively contributed to many topics but I left due to a few idiots on here back then.

Can you email me pls f a n p o w e r @ h o t m a I l . C o m I will then delete this post or edit it to remove my email address. Thanks
So now you come back for help when your roofs playing up. Watch out for the idiots. :poke: :fuelfire:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

620turbo

Post by 620turbo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

jimbo1958 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm So now you come back for help when your roofs playing up. Watch out for the idiots.
As I said, I made a lot of contribution to this forum over the time I was on here and you don't know the history or me, so jog on mate.

bowser134

Post by bowser134 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 pm

620turbo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm No PM from you bowser and I am unable to send PMs for some reason. Says I need to be active in more discussions or something stupid.

Can you email me pls f a n p o w e r @ h o t m a I l . C o m I will then delete this post or edit it to remove my email address. Thanks
Email sent :)

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 pm

620turbo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm
jimbo1958 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm So now you come back for help when your roofs playing up. Watch out for the idiots.
As I said, I made a lot of contribution to this forum over the time I was on here and you don't know the history or me, so jog on mate.
Oohhhh Touchy. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Post by sticky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm

nfarmer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:12 pm
maxman wrote:Did you not think to ask him if he could move the motor to the boot to save any further problems.
Ah but I did - however its not something he has considered previously. He did say that he thought the hydraulic lines etc were too short. I think that he would have to spend some time experimenting and as he dosent have a Z that could be difficult. I did point out that if he was successful a large queue would form instantly.

Perhaps someone on here would like to take themselves to Germany with a video camera and get it done!!!
He moved mine to the boot !!!!

620turbo

Post by 620turbo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 pm

sticky wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm
nfarmer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:12 pm
maxman wrote:Did you not think to ask him if he could move the motor to the boot to save any further problems.
Ah but I did - however its not something he has considered previously. He did say that he thought the hydraulic lines etc were too short. I think that he would have to spend some time experimenting and as he dosent have a Z that could be difficult. I did point out that if he was successful a large queue would form instantly.

Perhaps someone on here would like to take themselves to Germany with a video camera and get it done!!!
He moved mine to the boot !!!!
Thanks. I think this is probably the way to go.

Hopefully get the existing unit working again. If it then does subsequently fail due to damage sustained previously or otherwise, it can be much easier serviced in its new home in the boot.

Maui_Boy

Post by Maui_Boy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi there...first post so be gentle...! ;-)

Have a 2008 2.0i Z4 and the roof has failed - still latches correctly and windows activate - have replaced the motor as the case/well was flooded and previous motor totally dead. However, roof still not activating/working. Long story short is that it appears the original motor has been replaced before but with an older version, and our retro-fit may not be working as it should.

I'm in Brentwood, Essex so looks like Bowser134 might be the closest person that does this kind of work? Alternatively if there is someone closer on the forum if you/anyone could point me in the right direction.

Bowser134 - Can you message me with your details (or I can send mine) and I can provide more detail? (I can't PM anyone as yet) (or email djohnston_uk at hotmail.com)

Thanks...

D.

bowser134

Post by bowser134 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Maui_Boy wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:25 pm Hi there...first post so be gentle...! ;-)

Have a 2008 2.0i Z4 and the roof has failed - still latches correctly and windows activate - have replaced the motor as the case/well was flooded and previous motor totally dead. However, roof still not activating/working. Long story short is that it appears the original motor has been replaced before but with an older version, and our retro-fit may not be working as it should.

I'm in Brentwood, Essex so looks like Bowser134 might be the closest person that does this kind of work? Alternatively if there is someone closer on the forum if you/anyone could point me in the right direction.

Bowser134 - Can you message me with your details (or I can send mine) and I can provide more detail? (I can't PM anyone as yet) (or email djohnston_uk at hotmail.com)

Thanks...

D.
Sent you a message :)

2Z4E85

Post by 2Z4E85 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:29 pm

I've have had both a pre- and post-facelift Z4 and loved them both (oddly both 2.5 variants, both great cars IMHO) and BOTH have had to have their hood hydraulic motors replaced. Also, BOTH have suffered from water in the battery/electronics well under the boot floor; I recommend checking this frequently! Especially as I discovered this the first time just after a BMW main dealer input?!?
They live(d) outside, with only a BMW hood cover for protection; because my single garage was/is occupied by a `classic car'.
On reflection, the water ingress problems always seemed to be worst when there had been a period of snowfall/freeze/thaw/freeze. I am guessing that the water drains were not working at 100% and that the switch from freezing to just cold meant that they were blocked (still frozen) whilst water was descending from the thaw on the roof.
I now clear all snow from the roof protector before a thaw can develope; touch wood, this seems to be working. But I am no engineer, so deconstructing my car to take pictures is not really an option.
Apologies if this too trivial.

620turbo

Post by 620turbo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 am

Hello everyone,

Had my roof sorted by Bowser at the weekend. Highly recommend him to anyone who needs anything doing. Watching him work, he is very careful, clean and everything's does is to a very high standard.

Thank you Ross.

Andrzej

Post by Andrzej » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm

I am a new member. How can I get in touch with Bowser134?
I tried the message system but it says I am too new!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Andrzej wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm I am a new member. How can I get in touch with Bowser134?
I tried the message system but it says I am too new!
You need to have posted 3 messages to send PMs - but if Bowser reads this he'll probably message you!

Or just make a couple more posts - like 1 on the Newbies thread!

Welcome to the forum by the way. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Andrzej

Post by Andrzej » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Thank you very much for the reply