Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Screen wash leaks headlight washer problem?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Screen wash leaks headlight washer problem?

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Basically, you need to remove all the screenwash components to figure out exactly whats gone wrong.

To do this, the easiest and best thing to do is remove the front bumper. Then you'll have loads of room to see and diagnose the problem.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

andya1

Re: Screen wash leaks headlight washer problem?

Post by andya1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 pm

ben g wrote:Basically, you need to remove all the screenwash components to figure out exactly whats gone wrong.

To do this, the easiest and best thing to do is remove the front bumper. Then you'll have loads of room to see and diagnose the problem.
Hi Ben is it easy enough to remove that bumper? as I was under the impression that it was tricky! If I got the bumper off then filled the screen wash bottle should I then be able to see where the problem lies regarding leaking?

Andy

620turbo

Screen wash leaks headlight washer problem?

Post by 620turbo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 pm

RJS-Z4 wrote: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 am RJS wow! Thanks for that detailed reply, but my headlight washers work fine and both pop up and spray nicely, my problem is that if I fill the screen wash bottle up and don't use the spray onto the screen and just leave the car parked up all of the water drains from the resoirvoir so I then can't clean the windscreen
Thanks. I have this issue on the near side so will give your instructions a go.