Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 in transport mode

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ShaG1969

Z4 in transport mode

Post by ShaG1969 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi folks,

My 06/56 facelift 3.0Si is apparently in transport mode, having been parked up for 9 months and eventually suffering from a decayed battery, which has been replaced back in May, car is now back on the road and used everyday, but now I need to use the air con and the heated rear screen, My guys at the garage i work at have had it on a diagnostic and told me it has gone into transport mode.

Does anyone know how I can get it out of transport mode, one or two of my techies think a combination of 'button pressing' may work but they are not 100% sure, I have contacted my local dealer who have told me it needs booking in, plugging in and sitting there for up to 45 minutes while they sort it, I used to work for BMW in Doncaster, and that sounds like bull to me,

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated... :?

Thanks
Shane
Image3.0 Si Sport Manual Roadster.. Ruby Black, Oregon Dream Red Leather, heated. Pro Nav, Xenons, Bluetooth/Telematics, Cruise, Strut Brace

-Tom-

Re: Z4 in transport mode

Post by -Tom- » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Seen this on the forum early this year or last year. Stick it in the search option r search on google which links to this site nicely. I remember the fix being discussed and iirc it relied on diagnostics.
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm

2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm

you need someone with DIS v57 to get it out of transport mode.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Nazy06

Post by Nazy06 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I have the same problem! Other than my DSC module failure. When it went into BMW for diagnostic I asked them to have a look at the heater as well and they fixed it, their email to me (which I demanded as I wanted in writing was was wrong with my car) said:

"We have also checked over the heater operation & deleted “transport mode” to cure the heater fan performance"

But then my battery failed again and it went back into transport mode. So it seems that it will have to go in to a garage, I suggest one that you trust and tell them that 'transport mode' needs to be deleted to reset the heater.

Hope you get it fixed, I'll be sending mine to where I got my second opinion from as I have lost all faith in BMW main dealer, ironically they did fix the heater even though short lived cos of my battery..

Nick7335

Z4 in transport mode

Post by Nick7335 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 am

I came home after a month offshore to find my 2007 Z4 had gone flat. After a small time charging she started first flick of the key. However now I have no rear heated screen, air con and blowers will only blow at minimum. From what I am reading it looks like it has gone into transport mode. BMW main dealer in Aberdeen want £150 and the car all day just to look at it. Should this problem be fixed free of charge as should of been turned off when delivered to first owner? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Nick.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 in transport mode

Post by ph001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am

That is indeed transport mode (its done when the cars are being transported / delivered) to shut down unnecessary services which drops the battery stanby current by approx 50%.

Any dealer quoting more than 15 mins to sort it is taking the piss, but it does have to be done on diagnostics / DIS. You cant do it with button presses.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.