Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof Motor Fixed - Flashing Red Light!!!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Enace

Post by Enace » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am

Hello,
Could you help me with some ideas about my problem? It is an E85 2006. The softop goes fully down but the red light keeps blinking and the motor sounds like working. Seems like it is not fully locked down or something. I ve tried greasing the soft top mechanism, i ve tested the trunk microswitch.
Thank you,

mariocaz

Post by mariocaz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:20 pm

sticky wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:36 pm
Edwards1 wrote:Ive just bought myself a Z4 3.0 2004 a few days ago, I've noticed it also has the flashing light to indicate that the roof is not fully down. I don't really want to take it to a BMW garage due to expense. Does anyone know how to re adjust the sensor or where the sensor is in the car?
You tube has a good show of it
How can I search it ? I have exactly the same problem

mariocaz

Post by mariocaz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Exactmax wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:35 pm Just to follow up on my thread; the car is back from BMW and its fixed. There is a micro switch positioned Inbetween the head rests that the roof should lock into when it's down. This wasn't happening so they have adjusted the lock.

I can't recommend BMW Vines of Redhill enough, very helpful and professional!
Bro my micro tiny sensor is loose because the part where have to be placed is broken, please could you help me? :?