Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Disconnected Battery: Now Windows Won't Auto-Up

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Dice

Re: Disconnected Battery: Now Windows Won't Auto-Up

Post by Dice » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 am

dan425 wrote:Thanks, I'll keep on at it after this weekend once I'm back to the Zed!
Here's how I did it:

1. ignition on (last position before starting but I'm not sure does it really matter...)
2. Press and hold window down. When window reaches the bottom, push the button 3 times (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
3. Press and hold window up. When window reaches the top, pull the button 3 times (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
4. then do the 15 cm lowering and closing as I wrote earlier (actually I tested it again and now I lowered it around 3 cm and it worked, so it propably doesn't matter is it 5 cm or 12 cm :) ).

Good luck :thumbsup: !

dan425

Post by dan425 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 am

Cheers, buddy! I'll let you know how it goes after the bank holiday. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
E85 Z4, 3.0i, 2005.

dan425

Post by dan425 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

VICTORY IS MINE!

Thanks so much for all who gave advice in this thread, especially Dice who had the final method of solving the problem.

Windows are now working properly. Hurrah!

E85 Z4, 3.0i, 2005.

Guiseley

Disconnected Battery: Now Windows Won't Auto-Up

Post by Guiseley » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 pm

:popcorn: will try this later :)
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

Telstar

Post by Telstar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 pm

OH MY GOD - Dice you are the greatest person on the earth today. I have been trying to reset the drivers window for a month using every different forum method. I am forever in your debt.
Z4MCOUPE 2007 Carbon Black

Dice

Post by Dice » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 pm

dan425 wrote:VICTORY IS MINE!

Thanks so much for all who gave advice in this thread, especially Dice who had the final method of solving the problem.

Windows are now working properly. Hurrah!

Telstar wrote:OH MY GOD - Dice you are the greatest person on the earth today. I have been trying to reset the drivers window for a month using every different forum method. I am forever in your debt.
Thank you both for the kind words! Glad I could help :D :thumbsup: .

Cheers
Dice

LukeMace

Post by LukeMace » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Dice wrote:
dan425 wrote:Thanks, I'll keep on at it after this weekend once I'm back to the Zed!
Here's how I did it:

1. ignition on (last position before starting but I'm not sure does it really matter...)
2. Press and hold window down. When window reaches the bottom, push the button 3 times (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
3. Press and hold window up. When window reaches the top, pull the button 3 times (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
4. then do the 15 cm lowering and closing as I wrote earlier (actually I tested it again and now I lowered it around 3 cm and it worked, so it propably doesn't matter is it 5 cm or 12 cm :) ).

Good luck :thumbsup: !

Solved!!!!

Super star! Thank you!
I had tried a few ways of doing the windows reset but this actually worked a treat! I had given up on it as I had tried a few times. Decided to simply close the windows after the third attempt and leave it (not noticing it was fixed!) went to do the window up later on today and realised that it auto upped and that the first stage of the button also worked! Miracle!!

Thank you again! I have a complete car again!
3.0, Quad Conversion, 19" CSLs, Bucket Seats, Big Brake Conversion, Lowered 40mm, AE and Clear Hockeys etc...
CLICK HERE FOR THE BUILD THREAD

doofus4000

Post by doofus4000 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks again to dice. Disconnected my battery and needed to reset the windows and performing the above on the drivers side has fixed both sides auto up and down.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Guys, for future reference I now have this site, by Shipkiller, bookmarked. Procedure 3 seems to work for me :thumbsup:

http://www.shipkiller.com/Window_Initia ... dures.html
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

RidgyDidge

Post by RidgyDidge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:08 am

Sometimes the value of this forum is immeasurable ;-)

Sent from my iPad
2006 BMW Z4MC - Australian delivery means it comes from the factory with everything !
Added rego plate, stubby, CF grills, gloss black roof wrap, fuel, and my right foot...

kitchfilms

Post by kitchfilms » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

An old thread but Dice, you are my saviour. I think chanting the elephant mantra to oneself whilst doing the reset helps! Strangely, another procedure worked for the passenger window - maybe something to do with the new regulator I'd installed on driver side. Either way. Thank you :D :D
2007 2.5 Si (214bhp) Roadster. 6 sp, red/black leather, M sport steering wheel, stubby aerial, dice mediabridge,vredstein non run fats, 18" alloys (in need of a refurbish)

2 rear springs replaced, Window Regulator replaced. Roof hydro pump replaced.

Clearancediver

Post by Clearancediver » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I have a 2004 Z 3.0i.....You have to lower all the way down and then raise the window and hold for 1-2 seconds (hear the click from the door) four times in a row for the window one touch to reset. Once you've done it four times, lower it all the way and then try the one touch raise... should work now. The anti-jam (as in your head is between window and roof) is set now as well.....

Note.... everytime you disconnect the battery you will likely need to repeat this.

Fact Mechanic

Post by Fact Mechanic » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:21 am

Thank you so much for this. Helped me fix a roof issue!!

Willoceh

Post by Willoceh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks dice. worked for me after lots of attempts. Will see if it stays fixed now. It was after disconnecting the battery that it became a problem.

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 am

I was going through all the re-setting options for my passenger side glass auto-up (toll) only to find out a text from TIS stating:"Cars built prior to 04/2004 don't have auto-up (toll booth) option.". :headbang: