Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dent, Scratch & Ding Removed

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
grdz4roadster

Dent, Scratch & Ding Removed

Post by grdz4roadster » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:52 am

I purchased my CPO 2006 Z4 3.0i in December. One day after taking delivery of my Z4, I noticed a slight ding and scratch behind the passenger side door above the gas cap and a dent near the hood on the passenger side. I notified my dealer and brougt it in for them to check it out. During that inspection, they also found a scratch in the leather on the side of the passenger seat. The dealer without hesitation agreed to have these ding, scratches and dent repaired. Their in house ding and interior guys were able to repair the ding, dent and interior scratch and they sent the car to a body shop to have the scratch repaired and painted. After 2 days, I got my Z4 back and you can't even notice those dings, dents and scratches were even there! I lucked out by having a great dealer and for the quality if work by their staff and body shop!

While I was Z4less, they provide me with a 2007 X3 3.0si as a courtesy car. It was roomier than it appeared to be...almost as much room as my former Lexus RX330. In any event, thank you Laurel BMW if Westmont! Anyone in the Chicagoland area looking for a quality dealer for sales and service should check them out.

Oh by the way, although I didn't have any out of pocket expenses, I'm glad I purchased the ding and dent shield coverage as this would have cost $355 to repair.
2006 3.0i Mods so far: Perma Plate, OEM Wind Def. & A/W Mats, Int. Xenons, Aux Input, Stubby Ant. & BMW mobility kit Mods to be done: Silverstar Ultra Lights, Chrome tips & 18" Rims (TBD)

grdz4roadster

Re: Dent, Scratch & Ding Removed

Post by grdz4roadster » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:56 am

Sorry for the errors in spelling and grammar. That's the downside of this Apple iPhone.
2006 3.0i Mods so far: Perma Plate, OEM Wind Def. & A/W Mats, Int. Xenons, Aux Input, Stubby Ant. & BMW mobility kit Mods to be done: Silverstar Ultra Lights, Chrome tips & 18" Rims (TBD)

grdz4roadster

Post by grdz4roadster » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:55 am

Here's what the ding and scratched looked like...
http://picasaweb.google.com/grd.z4roads ... 6974043426
I'll post an after pic.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:06 am

Looks nice, good job too. Silver is awesome, all my cars from now on are going to be silver :)

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi,

How did they sort the scratch in the leather and have you got before and after shots?

My wife has scuffed the leather in our Freelander and im looking to sort it.

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

grdz4roadster

Post by grdz4roadster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a before picture of the scratch in the leather seat. However, the scratch was not very deep and only about one inch long. The width was about the thickness of a finger nail. I'm not sure what they did, but you can't even tell the scratch was ever there.
PaulN wrote:Hi,

How did they sort the scratch in the leather and have you got before and after shots?

Cheers

PaulN

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 am

grdz4roadster wrote:Unfortunately I don't have a before picture of the scratch in the leather seat. However, the scratch was not very deep and only about one inch long. The width was about the thickness of a finger nail. I'm not sure what they did, but you can't even tell the scratch was ever there.
PaulN wrote:Hi,

Cheers

PaulN
Hi,

Any chance you could have a word with your dealer to see what they did? Otherwise its a new bottom seat section!

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black