Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Annoying windows

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Bobbywhacker

Annoying windows

Post by Bobbywhacker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 am

Hi

New to the forum etc .... hello!

Got a weird problem with my Coupe windows. If I fully open the passenger window (1-click) and during the time it's descending, then 1-click down the drivers side - then-1 click up the passenger window followed by the driver... passenger window goes all the way to the top, driver's gets halfway - stops - has a think - then goes back down again. If I 1-click back up, normally it then goes all the way to the top and only occasionally repeats the hesitation.

Been to the stealers (Cooper Cobham) - and they couldn't find a problem - although they did replace the motor on the driver's window. Problem seems to manifest itself only on wet/cold days - I don't know too much about placement of sensors etc in the car - but my intuition tells me the switch in the drivers door must be shorting due to water ingress.

Any ideas?!

Cheers in advance
Nige

sixspeed

Re: Annoying windows

Post by sixspeed » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:49 am

I know my window has returned back down on the one-touch up a couple of times - it works ok most of the time though so I've not done anything about it.

I know the windows are designed to drop back down if they sense any resistance, so you don't trap your hand etc in the window when using the 1-touch feature. Maybe it's something along those lines?

Also, my local dealer is Cooper Cobham. Found them pretty good so far (if expensive, but I think that's all BMW dealers!). Whereabouts are you based?

enfield

Post by enfield » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:21 am

My Coupe does similar tricks.... It is not a big deal - I just hit the button again....
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

Bobbywhacker

Post by Bobbywhacker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:55 am

yeah - its no biggie - just expected a bit better in a car almost touching £40k! (my £10k Clio 182 had perfect electrics!)

I'm based in Walton on Thames. Had mixed feelings with Cooper - originally I bought the car new from Cooper Thames Ditton - you couldn't pay me to set foot back in there! I sense some 'attitude' in Cobham on the odd occasion i've been in there, but saying that, fixed most of the other issues with the car - FOC - even though apparently they weren't warranty issues (but they blatantly were!).