Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water Leak Left Side Floor

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Element27

Water Leak Left Side Floor

Post by Element27 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 am

After leaving my Z4 parked outside in the rain for 2 days, I come back to find the floor mat on the drivers side (left) is soaking wet. The floor mat, carpet under the mat and the soft rubber material is soaking wet. The seat is not wet, nor was my window opened the slightest. Is there any know leakage issues from the floor?

fire-n-ice

Re: Water Leak Left Side Floor

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:16 pm

I can't see how a floor leak would make that happen but, is your top water-proofed (if you don't have a coupe)? Was your door shut all the way? Your drain hole at the top corner of the windshield in the rubber seal might be clogged as well.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

bingboybri

Post by bingboybri » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:39 pm

i had a water leak in the foot wells and it was coming from the inside door seal,the plastic sheet between the door and the door card was not sealed after it was in the stealers for some work,took it back and they sealed the plastic sheet and hey presto the leak was gone,worth a look i found out it was this by looking at the plastic cover along the sill below the door and noticed there was water marks running down from where the door sits to the floor..
hope it helps a little
2003 z4 3.0i se auto,black with black roof,red leather,auto lights and wipers,ac, 6 cd, pdc,traction ,heated/elec memory seats,18 compomotive wheels and a great big grin on my face you couldnt crack with a sledge hammer.(oh and my new stubby from pav

SoCalSizzle

Post by SoCalSizzle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:43 am

Element27 wrote:After leaving my Z4 parked outside in the rain for 2 days, I come back to find the floor mat on the drivers side (left) is soaking wet. The floor mat, carpet under the mat and the soft rubber material is soaking wet. The seat is not wet, nor was my window opened the slightest. Is there any know leakage issues from the floor?
Perry is that you? Long time no hear from. Sorry to hear about your leak :( Do make sure to post if you find out what the issue was. Hope all is well on the other side of the Orange curtain...missed ya.