Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heater issue. Hot toes or cold fingers.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm

I can get either heat-gun hot style heat with the heater marker set in the red section but anything set below this is like a luke warm draft with not much temperature regulation possible in between. Setting for lower, mid or upper vents makes no difference to the effect. Aircon works fine but I have only ever used aircon with the supercold setting in summer.

Tbh, it’s been like this for as long as I can remember and hasn’t bothered me too much but driving home on the motorway top down this evening I was constantly fiddlng to get a decent warm temp wafting throuh the cabin without frying my toes! :lol:

Indicative of a failing heater core? Air pocket in the engine cooling system?
I bled the cooling system a few times a few months ago when I changed the coolant so I’m pretty sure it can’t be that.
Ideas?
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi Chris

You well?

No expert on that specific set of symptoms but I would pop it up on the front and see if any air pops out when bleeding...

I'm sure someone will pop along with experience of the heater core starting to fail though

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:24 pm

bigwinn wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 pm Hi Chris

You well?

No expert on that specific set of symptoms but I would pop it up on the front and see if any air pops out when bleeding...

I'm sure someone will pop along with experience of the heater core starting to fail though

Stuart
That's a good point. I didn't rasie the front of the car when I bled the system.
Will give that a go. Thx for the suggestion.
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.