Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear sidelights - NCS Coding help

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Gazbills

Post by Gazbills » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi guys,

Had some success with NCS Expert enabling the front DRL's (utilising dimmed indicators) on my 2005 E85 but not the rear side lights. I've checked DRL_BLK_VORNE2_GEDIMMT along with trying the USA sidemarker setting and obviously the Europe DRL setting to no avail.

Anyone had any joys with this?

Thanks,
Gareth

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Gazbills wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm Anyone had any joys with this?
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Pre or post facelift? Halogen or Xenon?
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Gazbills

Post by Gazbills » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Pre facelift with xenon but it’s the rear side lights I want on, on ignition.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Gazbills wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:23 pm Pre facelift with xenon but it’s the rear side lights I want on, on ignition.
With DRL? You're going to have to get much more specific about exactly what you want - coding needs that level of detail.

FL_DRL_MIT_RL should turn on rear but FL is front high beam so might need other options.

PO_ALS_DRL just does sidelights for Halogen (with ignition only, regardless of switch).
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Gazbills wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm enabling the front DRL's (utilising dimmed indicators)
I'd try the other options, I *think* that should be an MOT fail.