Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Retro fit cruise control - can't find the loom

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:57 pm

I have been reliably informed that my new acquisition, being an early 04 model (March 04), should have a loom in place, making it simple for me to fit cruise control.
I've spent an enjoyable hour upside down in the foot-well (with all my brains rushing to my head!), with the steering column shroud and lower trim panel off, but I cannot find this loom.
Searches on the forum tell me lots, but it seems all the images have disappeared.
So I need a bit of guidance please.
If it helps, I can see the main loom to the column, entering from the left side. Next to this is another loom which does a u-turn and disappears back into the depths of the dash. wiggling this, it seems as though it has a degree of slack in it, so I thought it may be the one I was looking for. But it only moves a little then goes tight and I can't see why. Obviously don't want to yank on it.
If anyone has a pic of the loom I would appreciate it.
Thanks
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 pm

You’re just looking for a little 4-pin female plug which slots into the side of the stalk. Sorry I don’t have a pic.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:52 pm

Zedebee wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 pm You’re just looking for a little 4-pin female plug which slots into the side of the stalk. Sorry I don’t have a pic.
That's a start, ta.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: