Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

5E34- Longitudinal acceleration sensor signal out of range or electrical faulty.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Erwego

5E34- Longitudinal acceleration sensor signal out of range or electrical faulty.

Post by Erwego » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi fellow Z4 owners

I have the yellow handbrake warning light showing and diagnostics show the code 5E34 relating to part number 6769162, which I believe is the DSC pump.

ECU testing can't say if they can fix it, it was previously repaired by them for the '3 lights' fault.

Has anyone come across this and had it repaired successfully?

Cheers

Paul

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Can I start with a possibly stupid question?
Have you tried to reset it? In case it was a transient fault?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Well, I just googled that code and found the following 'expert mechanic' reply relating to an E85............

"Luckily this one is pretty straight-forward. Replace the left rear wheel speed sensor."

I have no idea how that conclusion was come to and there is no reply about whether it fixed it or not...............

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Also, searching the forum found this:
viewtopic.php?t=95774

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Here you go.
Carried on searching and found this. The OP came back with his answer. A speed sensor under the seat.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90126&p=1328790&hilit=5e34#p1328790

NB. The 'Search' function is very simple to use on this forum. Keep the criteria simple. Don't clutter it up. I literally just typed in '5e34'. :thumbsup:

Erwego

Post by Erwego » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Thanks Enuff.

I bought a replacement sensor cluster and tried it and the error remained. The sensor I used was 6764018 which according to RealOEM is interchangeable. It is possible that the sensor I bought was also faulty.

DIS pointed the issue to the DSC pump, thus my confusion. Unfortunately the original sensor that is installed is very rare and a small fortune to buy.

colb

Post by colb » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:05 pm

I recently had a amber handbrake light and a stability control light come on, code read with a Creator310+ code reader showed No 1 Brake Pressure sensor on the master cylinder as the fault. Live data showed it to be working but obviously something was wrong with it. Replaced it, No 1 was the one nearest the front, the other one for the second brake circuit is the rear most one. Replacement was from ebay at circa £12, unscrewed the old snsor having put plastic under the reservoir cap and put a rod wedged between drivers seat and brake pedal to apply some pressure on the brake pedal, that prevents loss of fluid when the sensor is taken out, the new sensor was immediately screwed in and the connector plugged back on, no need to bleed the brakes only a small amount of fluid was lost. Code cleared with scanner and lights went out and have stayed off. Road test proved brakes all ok.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url