Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2.5 Aircon Regas & Clean then Traction Control Fault

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
colb

2.5 Aircon Regas & Clean then Traction Control Fault

Post by colb » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:02 pm

My own Z4 recieved some attention today with a visit to ATS Euromaster for a Groupon Voucher for an Air Con Recharge and Clean, no faults when scanned before I booked it so was hoping it would recharge ok. When plugged in it still had pressure and the machine was set off to do its thing. When used the aircon wasn't very cold and I have no history of it ever being given attention in the past. Once recharged, they had it running and it was really cold, could even feel it standing at the back of the car. Roof put up and a cannister of cleaner was set off to get circulated through all the vents. Took about an hour all together and well pleased with the sevice I received.
Picked Mrs colb up and off out to lunch followed by a short local cruise, low and behold got a Traction Control Light and an amber handbrake light appear. Had this a few weeks ago and code reader showed it was No1 Brake Prressure sensor. cleared it on that occassion and it stayed off till returning today. Once home Creator 310+ plugged in and same code had returned, live data from the sensor showed it working but couldn't clear the code. I expected it would return so I already had a pair of sensors on standby in the shed, pulled the suspect one and managed to put the new one in without loosing much fluid, had put plastic under the master cylinder cap and applied some pressure to the brake pedal with my home made tool wedged between the seat and the pedal. Only lost a small amount of fluid and it dosn't seem to have let air in, brakes operate as normal without bleeding. With the new sensor, the Creator 310+ cleared the code and it has not returned, test drive made all back to normal and handbrake amber is no longer there, just red when handbrake applied.
Replacement Sensor was an ebay item at £12.39 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184566749780 ... lp:2334524
Worth noting with this fault present the DSC button is inhibited pressing it will not illuminate the DSC warning light on the dash, sensor replaced and code cleared returned operation to the DCS button and DSC dash light. Also found out that the code would only clear with the engine off but ignition switched on using the Creator 310+
Attachments
DSC_0052.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG (105.42 KiB) Viewed 140 times
DSC_0051_1.JPG
DSC_0051_1.JPG (68.65 KiB) Viewed 140 times
DSC_0050.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG (143.48 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url