Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help - car will not start

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:05 am

Just to close this post. Battery arrived yesterday from Tanya. Only 80 pounds incl delivery for the Boschs3 008. Fitted perfectly and car fired on turn of key. Many thanks for everyone's comments. A new one on my that battery can be fully charged but not have enough amps to turn starter. Incidentally no need for any recoding.

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:06 am

Just to close this post. Battery arrived yesterday from Tanya. Only 80 pounds incl delivery for the Boschs3 008. Fitted perfectly and car fired on turn of key. Many thanks for everyone's comments. A new one on my that battery can be fully charged but not have enough amps to turn starter. Incidentally no need for any recoding.

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:07 am

Should have added that old battery seems to be the original by the date stamp. 16 years on a battery is pretty good.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:25 am

Mike6 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:07 am Should have added that old battery seems to be the original by the date stamp. 16 years on a battery is pretty good.
Glad you got it all sorted fairly easily.
Decent price for that battery and quick service too.
If that lasts the same amount of time as the old one then a fiver a year isn't too bad. :thumbsup:

And for me, who spends a lot of time having a laugh on here, it was nice to be able to help out for a change.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: