Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DMTL leakage code

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Old-Duckman

DMTL leakage code

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:17 pm

When the car is in warm/hot (outside temp) on start up it stumbles. Usually just letting it idle a bit or giving it a bit of accelerator pedal smooths it out and it runs fine. Sometimes the stumble is more pronounced and doesn't recover as quickly though never more than several seconds.

Ran a quick Peake reader check and got two codes: 1 - function-check tank venting 2 - DMTL: Leakage.

Last August it was constantly clicking off the pump at the gas station...took forever to fill the tank & I got a "gas cap" light on the dash. Called a local car talk show and they said I needed a fuel tank breather valve. I bought a URO Parts replacement and that cured the fuel tank filling problem but I am wondering if this current problem is basically the same issue?

The URO part was 1/3 the price of a BMW part...I am wondering if it was false economy and a BMW part would fix the starting issue.

Any ideas?