Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No Roof! Help please...... :(

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: No Roof! Help please...... :(

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Looks like you going to have to take off some of that trim again and find if yuo undid a connector or trapped/cut a wire.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: No Roof! Help please...... :(

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Just a note to say it was a loose plug connector, behind the passenger seat in the "shoulder" bit.

There's actually an access panel here, which is where the plug had worked it's way slightly undone.. I actually really don't think it was anything to do with what I did, but hey it couldn't be coincidence.

Now I've got a problem with the soft top cover going back into place as I took that apart to troubleshoot it. I'll get there :D
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

james078

Post by james078 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:56 pm

I am having trouble accessing this link posted above - http://www.shipkiller.com/files/BMW_Sof ... _floor.pdf
I replaced my rear shocks yesterday, was able to get the STCF out just fine, but having a real challenge finding a way to get the clips back in place that hold it to the raising/lowering mechanism...any tips on how to do that much appreciated!
I have an 04' Z4 3.0i, 217K miles and still going strong!

cheers!
2004 E85 Z4 3.0i, ~230K miles...bought it new, 1 and only owner, still love the car!

tug

Post by tug » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Jamie, the "wings" each side of the shelf pull off, just pull them they wont break but just check that the spring is in the same place when reattaching. Then leaning over the seats you can re attach the clips.

Cheers, tug :thumbsup:
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

wonkydonkey

Post by wonkydonkey » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:10 pm

1. 'Snap' the metal lower/raise hinges back into the corresponding female receivers on the underside of the shelf (I assume you've done this part).

2. Starting with one of the rearmost clips, ensure that you have your clip the right way around (they can only be installed in the correct orientation). Standing at the rear of the car, reach in over the back of the shelf and drop the clip into the awaiting hole in the shelf. You should be able to see it drop into place if you peer up from underneath the shelf. With a bit of downward pressure it'll 'snap' into place and you'll be able to see how it retains the shelf once it's in.

If it won't go in, try turning it around and repeat the process. As mentioned above, the clips further forward need accessing by kneeling on the seats. From this position it's all done by feel as the clips will be out of sight. Slightly fiddly the first couple of times but after three or four it'll take you five seconds :)
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

james078

Post by james078 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:06 am

Thanks all...appreciate the advice...i was able to get the STCF clips back in, it did take a while...I have larger than normal hands, so manuvering around to ge the clips in place was a challenge...all good now though!

Cheers...James

2004 3.0i E85 Roadster in Sterling Gray
217K miles!
2004 E85 Z4 3.0i, ~230K miles...bought it new, 1 and only owner, still love the car!