Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof Hall effect sensors

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
oldgit

Roof Hall effect sensors

Post by oldgit » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Colb.
I tried a magnetic pick up tool with the roof fully down and with it lifted a couple of inches. No luck.
Yes. It does look like item 36. Thank you. I was misled by the word "switch".

ph001.
The tab is a few millimetres thick. It is not a moving part and should not break. I had done no work in that area prior to it breaking.

mariocaz

Roof Hall effect sensors

Post by mariocaz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 am

I dont know what to do.....

My roof works fine, the last owner of my car chance the roof motor but he leaves the hall down sensor loose and I can see it near the drivers door.

I thought was something easy to do to put the sensor in the corrector place but the only way to do it is removimg the roof?, is that right?

My only problem is the red led light is always flashing when I open the roof or having the hard roof, but really bothers me a lot hehehe

oldgit

Roof Hall effect sensors

Post by oldgit » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm

You do not need to remove the roof completely. You need to remove the securing nuts and bolts so that you can lift the roof a couple of inches to give yourself access to the sensor.

Youtube has videos showing how to remove the roof. They also show the positions of the securing nuts and bolts.

Bmwdon1941

Roof Hall effect sensors

Post by Bmwdon1941 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:31 pm

Can any one tell me, better yet show me by pics, where the hall sensors for “up” are located.?
My top will go up, but will not lock. The “claw motor” will not activate
I BELIEVE actually think, that I did not get the down sensor in correct place. It is on drivers side right?
Down and down lock work good.