Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Light with no Errors?!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
CrazyBaptie

Post by CrazyBaptie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping someone on here can maybe shed some light. My airbag light is on and has been for many months now but the MOT is on Friday. I have tried using various workshop code reader (mates a mechanic) and even INAP to clear it however have no luck.

In INAP within "Safety Information Modual" it says there is no errors. We have tried clearing it but it wont budge. It came on when I was installing M3 seats as I forgot to change the pre-tensioners over - I have not taken pre-tensioners from a different Z4 however the light is still on.

Anyone any ideas? Do the pre-tensioners need registered to the car or something?

Cheers!

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,
under safety modules, safety information, safety error memory did you click read error memory, there are normally a number of ones to clear but errors may not show on all. Normally they are under the satellite pillars. Apologies if you have already tried this but I had an error on satellite b and not anywhere else
2004 E85 3.0i, LCI xenons, red sports interior, backbox delete, twin pipe conversion, diff ratio upgrade, coilovers, clear rear lights, cup holders, Sapphire black
2014 F31 M Performance Pack, Avin headunit, LED headlights

CrazyBaptie

Post by CrazyBaptie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Wookster78 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 pm Hi,
under safety modules, safety information, safety error memory did you click read error memory, there are normally a number of ones to clear but errors may not show on all. Normally they are under the satellite pillars. Apologies if you have already tried this but I had an error on satellite b and not anywhere else
I went into safety information and error memory but that shows nothing but cleared in just incase. What do you mean under satellite pillars as in chose those options rather then safety information?

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Yes normally the errors are in either of the satellite pillars so choose each one and read the error memory on them, that is normally where the error codes are.
2004 E85 3.0i, LCI xenons, red sports interior, backbox delete, twin pipe conversion, diff ratio upgrade, coilovers, clear rear lights, cup holders, Sapphire black

CrazyBaptie

Post by CrazyBaptie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Wookster78 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm Yes normally the errors are in either of the satellite pillars so choose each one and read the error memory on them, that is normally where the error codes are.
Cheers for that worked a treat - there was errors in the "b pillar" which I overlooked as didnt think a roadster had a "b pillar" :oops:

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 pm

No worries glad it’s all sorted :thumbsup:

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:33 pm

That’s where I found my error too. I went through the same process, tearing my hair out wondering why the light was still on. Then I found. Eureka!

Glad you’re sorted.

Weston Matt

Post by Weston Matt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:34 pm

I have the same light. It was all ok until i stripped out my centre console to wrap my trim. I have the passenger airbag de-activation option and wondering if I should have disconnected the battery before I started? I’m hoping that I just need to clear the error. Looking to get Carly as I’ve not done stuff like this before

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Carly is good and works for lots of things but if it’s the satellite pillars where the airbag error is then you won’t be able to clear it. INPA is pretty good for that sort of stuff

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm

Found and cleared mine with a little C110 reader. Maybe I was lucky as I’ve read conflicting views on inexpensive readers, but mine worked and it hasn’t come back.

Weston Matt

Post by Weston Matt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Can you use a Mac with INPA? I’ve had a quick look but I could see anything

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 pm

I don’t think so, it’s windows based software so windows 10 unless you setup a partition and run windows from your Mac using VMware