Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

UPDATED - NCS Expert to delete Transport Mode - (Not Possible)

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi guys going for a hatrick.

Car: 2007 E85 2.0l

Rain day so decided to get into the coding aspect. Main reason is to remove/delete transport mode.

After lots of googling and reading various forums and hoping (Praying) I got the right E85 Datem files I was able to get NCS Expert to read the ECUs.

I first ran INPA, was able to find the fault "energiespa8mode aktiv" = Energy-saving mode aktiv

ECU = IHKA85

Using NCS Expert to read IHK ecu and got stuck as you can see in picture 2 where I read the trace file with NCS Dummy. I just can't find where transport mode is in this.

Did I read the wrong ECU?

8 hours on this so hoping for some timesaving advice.

Bobby
Attachments
First Pic, INPA error code and loading ECU in NCS Expert
First Pic, INPA error code and loading ECU in NCS Expert
Step 1.jpg (126.09 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Loading Trace file in NCS Dummy
Loading Trace file in NCS Dummy
Step 2.jpg (120.07 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Last edited by yyz_bobby on Fri May 01, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyBeech

NCS Expert to delete Transport Mode - stuck

Post by AndyBeech » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Not seen it done in NCS or INPA. If you can get hold of DIS that's the easiest way to do it, if you have the patience to install it :lol:
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:41 pm Not seen it done in NCS or INPA. If you can get hold of DIS that's the easiest way to do it, if you have the patience to install it :lol:
Really pissed off, killed so much time to learn NCS Expert and going through bunch of forums.
It is probably raining tomorrow so I will start with ISTA-P and ISTA-D first. Those two programs came with the cable i bought but yeah........such huge files to download.

Thanks mate

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 pm

yyz_bobby wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:41 pm Not seen it done in NCS or INPA. If you can get hold of DIS that's the easiest way to do it, if you have the patience to install it :lol:
Really pissed off, killed so much time to learn NCS Expert and going through bunch of forums.
It is probably raining tomorrow so I will start with ISTA-P and ISTA-D first. Those two programs came with the cable i bought but yeah........such huge files to download.

Thanks mate
Should be fine with ISTA, not used them but basically upgraded version of DIS / INPA and easier to use so transport mode will be in them somewhere. I would get them as well but having got INPA and DIS working don't think they offer anything above and beyond, apart from being a lot easier to install on newer laptops. So yeah, I would skip the old software and go for ISTA as you have it.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 pm
yyz_bobby wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 pm

Thanks mate
Should be fine with ISTA, not used them but basically upgraded version of DIS / INPA and easier to use so transport mode will be in them somewhere. I would get them as well but having got INPA and DIS working don't think they offer anything above and beyond, apart from being a lot easier to install on newer laptops. So yeah, I would skip the old software and go for ISTA as you have it.
INPA was useful, even if just to get live analytics

For DIS - I have that ready for download just in case but is there a way of knowing the most recent version? OR a Link?
Apart from it being a huge file would it require some sort of virual machine setup? (I think this is the case for ISTA)

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm

You might be out of luck with NCS - looks like others have had the same issue and only fixed it with DIS. (Possibly ISTA as well but can't confirm)

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... sport-Mode
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:33 pm

enzed4 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm You might be out of luck with NCS - looks like others have had the same issue and only fixed it with DIS. (Possibly ISTA as well but can't confirm)

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... sport-Mode
Thanks I did see this post - but he said he tried INPA and was not able to and did with DIS.
I will update this thread once I get this done and maybe create a cool guide for beginners like me.

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Fri May 01, 2020 1:20 pm

I just got ISTA - D installed and did not seem to be reading the blue k-line cable i have.
I called up the bcables guy i bought it from and he said that ISTA won't work for some pre 2007 models.

Mines a 2007 plate but im pretty sure made 2006

any idea if this is true?

I thought ista would work for all F and E series cars

geek78

Post by geek78 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello

I have done it 2 years ago with bmw scanner 1.4.

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Fri May 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Started a new thread since I loaded DIS And been trying to get it to work.

Wondering if you can take a peek and recognise where I have an issue:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=121582

YoungGun

Post by YoungGun » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:07 pm

You wont be able to delete transport mode with INPA and NCS Expert unfortunately. I toyed with it over many days and used NCS Dummy to change all the things that had "Transport Mode" in the title. None of them sorted it. I eventually used DIS which solved the problem and I even used it to diagnose my ABS light. I will be changing the brushes in the ABS motor and hopefully erasing that code too. And then after that I will need to replace my ambient air sensor and then erasing that code with DIS also.

You can find a cheap copy of DIS from cable-shack.co.uk or something along those lines. I paid 20ish pounds and got a copy of DIS on a usb stick. certainly much easier and quicker than the countless hours i spent trying to get versions of DIS I downloaded of the internet for free.

I also removed my exhaust manifold and repared it as the cat had a crack. Deleted that error code with DIS too. Great tool.
Attachments
IMG_5492.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg (146.27 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5491.jpg
IMG_5491.jpg (133.12 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_5490.jpg (143.71 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5489.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg (123.98 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5334.jpg
IMG_5334.jpg (102.94 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5333.jpg
IMG_5333.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5332.jpg
IMG_5332.jpg (100.64 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
IMG_5331.jpg
IMG_5331.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 1310 times

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:02 pm

can be done in SSSv32 retrofit section, couple of clicks and its deleted.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics