Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Nharris89

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Nharris89 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:37 pm

So.....I managed to relocate the roof motor into the boot out of the reservoir of water trapped in the original location (cleared drain holes now!) However in the process, I've nipped a hydraulic hose about three inches from the motor. Along with that, the bowden cable was hashed, possibly from a previous owner attempt? And seems to be useless, luckily, the golden pin is out and it's not stuck in. The third and final issue, no matter what way around the cables are, there is no power going to the motor....basically, it's all hashed! The roof releases when I press the button and folds down with no effort at all, and I can pull back up by hand and the secondary motor locks it back in. But it sure would be nice to have a working motor for the summer! Please help! Where do I turn to?!
04' e85 2.2i Roadster SE, Toledo blue.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Smartbear » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Nharris89 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:37 pm So.....I managed to relocate the roof motor into the boot out of the reservoir of water trapped in the original location (cleared drain holes now!) However in the process, I've nipped a hydraulic hose about three inches from the motor. Along with that, the bowden cable was hashed, possibly from a previous owner attempt? And seems to be useless, luckily, the golden pin is out and it's not stuck in. The third and final issue, no matter what way around the cables are, there is no power going to the motor....basically, it's all hashed! The roof releases when I press the button and folds down with no effort at all, and I can pull back up by hand and the secondary motor locks it back in. But it sure would be nice to have a working motor for the summer! Please help! Where do I turn to?!
There’s a few roof guys on here, where are you based?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nharris89

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Nharris89 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:56 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 pm
Nharris89 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:37 pm So.....I managed to relocate the roof motor into the boot out of the reservoir of water trapped in the original location (cleared drain holes now!) However in the process, I've nipped a hydraulic hose about three inches from the motor. Along with that, the bowden cable was hashed, possibly from a previous owner attempt? And seems to be useless, luckily, the golden pin is out and it's not stuck in. The third and final issue, no matter what way around the cables are, there is no power going to the motor....basically, it's all hashed! The roof releases when I press the button and folds down with no effort at all, and I can pull back up by hand and the secondary motor locks it back in. But it sure would be nice to have a working motor for the summer! Please help! Where do I turn to?!
Rob
Junction 5 of the m40 :)

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Smartbear » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 am

Nharris89 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:56 pm
Smartbear wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 pm
Rob
Sounds like Alan (number5) would be your closest man, send him a pm :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nharris89

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Nharris89 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 am

Smartbear wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 am
Nharris89 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:56 pm
Smartbear wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 pm There’s a few roof guys on here, where are you based?
Rob
Sounds like Alan (number5) would be your closest man, send him a pm :thumbsup:
Rob
Star! Thank you :D

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Roof Motor - HELP!!

Post by Number5 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:31 pm

I have a couple of spares including hydraulic lines and should be able to sort this if you're happy to come to Bristol.
Please drop me a PM and we can discuss further if you wish ?

Alan
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Nharris89