Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag light after flat battery

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm

ErrErrminator wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:48 pm
ph001 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:21 pm
ErrErrminator wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:59 pm

That’s not good. Only bought the battery new last summer. :(
You could completely and irreversibly kill a brand new battery within 48hrs if you allow it to discharge below 11.0V. The reconditioning programs on things like the Ctek are worth a shot but can usually only recover quite minor sulphation (like maybe one that’s been left at 11.5V for just a few hours). I suspect yours will be much worse than that.
What makes it even more frustrating if it is indeed toast, is that I have a very good solar charger/conditioner rigged up in the garage. However, as the car was awaiting some work at the front end it was reversed into the garage and the cable wouldn’t reach the boot, so was left disconnected. That’ll teach me!!! :(
Hi, did you not know there are jump start terminals under the bonnet :? . I use these to charge the battery whilst she's SORN'd.
20180829_214425.jpg
20180829_214425.jpg (202.43 KiB) Viewed 500 times
Zedless :(

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:18 pm

oldgitdave wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm
Hi, did you not know there are jump start terminals under the bonnet :? . I use these to charge the battery whilst she's SORN'd.
I did know this (honest), but managed to completely forget when reversing into the garage. :erm: It usually always driven in and I am so used to hooking up the charger in the boot. Oh well. What will be will be. If the battery is knackered then I've learbed the hard way and hopefully will not forget next time!

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Funny isn't it! The times I've become so complacent about doing things one way & sometimes it just doesn't register that I could have done it another way :D . Oh well let's hope your battery survives, a cost you can do without I'm sure :thumbsup: .
Zedless :(

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:06 pm

The battery seems to be doing ok but the airbag light hasn’t gone out. Going to have to find someone local to read the codes, or get myself a reader and have a go at DIY diagnosis.