Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aftermarket 3rd brake light poor fit.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
steve_naive

Post by steve_naive » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:54 pm

oldgitdave wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:37 pm
steve_naive wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 pm
oldgitdave wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Me too. I was pleasantly surprised at the price from them :thumbsup: . I also found that that, as well as the fit, the seal is much better quality than the non OEM. Let's hope they last eh? :D .
I bought those softer springs and plan on being very gentle when closing the boot. :D
Me too :thumbsup: . After reading on here I bought new springs & nuts. Just got to train wifey not to slam the boot :roll: .
I couldn't find the nuts/washers for sale anywhere! Hopefully that doesn't do much harm.

jpvd

Post by jpvd » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:51 pm

well i paid £60 for OE from bmw, fitted them correctly and two weeks later it cracked ....so i phoned bmw and explained the part had failed and they wanted me to take the car down for an inspection and if they agree it is a faulty part it would be replaced, if not they would charge for their time.....what a joke -so i'll be buying the cheap Chinese ones, because the OE ones are the same quality anyway...wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same Chinese factory...