Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

water entering behind dash ????

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
johnfrazer83

Post by johnfrazer83 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi guys , I got an issue where the passenger side floor is getting absolutely soaked :!: It was all the way back behind the passenger seat but I've figured out that all the foam was transferring it that far back as the foam at the front couldn't hold more. :cry:

I have cleared all the drain holes I know of - 4x in engine bay 2x side wells where roof motor used to be. checked both doors including the sound deadening, Used gummi phlem stuff on all rubbers but to no avail. :headbang:

Any ideas from you guys that have dealt with this would be appreciated as ive got the passenger seat out ready to try the next attempt to resolve.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:20 pm

It may be worth getting a hose running down the screen and seeing if water gets in from the rear of the dash.
Normally it's the door membrane that leaks and lets water come into the cabin. There is another thread running at the moment with the same issues.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Ilogik

Post by Ilogik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:32 pm

My front windscreen has come unstuck. As suggested run a hose and look around the whole of screen to see if it’s lifting

Ilogik

Post by Ilogik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Last thing to do is make sure the window is fully up, this caught me me out once as I had a slight gap