Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SRS code 93AB - Incorrect body number - what's this?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
james078

Post by james078 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:50 pm

All,

04' E85 3.0i - My SRS light is on, and my code reader is showing a 93AB code - Incorrect body number message... i haven't found much on this one, any clues? Almost sounds as if the SRS module needs to be reprogrammed to the car? I can clear the code, but once i turn the ignition off and on again it re-appears, and the SRS light never goes off...

thx for any clues or help...James
2004 E85 Z4 3.0i, ~230K miles...bought it new, 1 and only owner, still love the car!

james078

Post by james078 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 am

Some additional input...my SRS light has been on for some time, but I thought I knew the reason... I had unplugged the passenger seat a while back when taking it out to shampoo the carpets, and turned the ignition on while it was unplugged, and the SRS light had been on since that time...I got a new code reader that does both ABS and SRS to trace the Yaw sensor issue, and that's when I find out about the 93AB... I believe they are totally separate issues...also, in tracing a different issue between carpet shampooing and now, I had actually unplugged the SRS module during trouble shooting and thought I had plugged it back in... in doing some further troubleshooting today, I found that the SRS module was not properly plugged in now for the past 4-5 mos due to some debris that had fallen in the way...I blew that out and plugged it back in correctly, but am still getting the 93AB code... I am wondering with it being effectively unplugged for that long if it lost its memory so to speak, and needs re-calibration thru INPA or other software update?
2004 E85 Z4 3.0i, ~230K miles...bought it new, 1 and only owner, still love the car!

james078

Post by james078 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:15 am

Update - I used PA Soft to restart the software on the SRS module, and that cleared the 93AB error code! I now have discovered a 9908 error code on my SBRS right column SRS sensor... I have tried reloading it with NCSexpert, but the error code returns ... appears the sensor itself may be faulty, but looking to see if anyone has other ideas before I replace it...thx!