Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hesitation / Missfire under mid to hard acceleration only

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SkoomaD

Post by SkoomaD » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Once I've rebuilt and tested i'll report back if it's cleared up my issue, you would think it can't be helping anyway!

tomrdy

Post by tomrdy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:13 pm

My DISA was like that too. Free spinning pretty much so non operational.

That caused idle lumpiness for me occasionally - so perhaps you're getting the lumpiness on throttle.

Fingers crossed the rebuild kit solves this!

You'll be able to test the operation after rebuild by plugging it in (leave out if motor) and turning to ignition (don't start the motor).

The probe should create a vacuum and you'll see the flap close (or open I can't remember which). Either way it will move and when you turn off, it should revert and there may be an audible "thaaack" sound from the rubber vaccuum/plunger bit retreating.
-SOLD- Nardo grey 2004 Z4 3.0i E85
-SOLD- 2016 Long Beach Blue M2 DCT
-Wishing- Z4MC Interlagos blue... :oops:
___
Australia

SkoomaD

Post by SkoomaD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Ok so i've rebuilt the DISA with the kit suggested and the car is much much happier. Took it for a short blast tonight and It pulls a lot stronger than it did and my issue seems to have almost entirely gone :)

I say almost entirely as It did seems to stutter a little at one stage on part throttle for a few seconds but other than that it was much much better so thank you for all the advice.

I'm wondering if perhaps the slight hint of the issue I had before is simply it either it learning as it's had the DME reflashed on a bad DISA valve and now its fixed its wondering what the hell is going on. Or perhaps things are a little sooted up still from it running poorly. Do you think there is any value in running some sort of fuel additive through it or is it more likely to do more harm than good?

I'm fairly certain it can't be coil related so I think I'll return the new coils I bought and just keep the two original ones I bought as spares.

Again thanks for all the input.

AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Glad you got it sorted. :thumbsup:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

wonkydonkey

Post by wonkydonkey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Hurrah! I reckon just give it some miles and some beans :D
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 pm

:thumbsup:
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.