Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

aux in sound issue

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
tuco

aux in sound issue

Post by tuco » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:28 pm

I've just changed my grey cd head unit for a black one and the sound from the aux in is tinny and completely lacking in bass ? it was fine on the grey unit, any idea ? as i haven't got a clue !

Sidewaze Samm

aux in sound issue

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:07 pm

I'm guessing the aux-in socket for the grey unit was a retrofit, as I don't think the aux-in sockets became standard until late 2006. If your new black unit is from a post-2006 car, then maybe that has something to do with it. Obvious, but have you tried to adjust the tone/volume of the aux source on the new head unit? From past experience with a 2007 car I know it's possible, but I can't do it on my black head unit - which is early 2006 and has a retrofit aux-in socket.
So basically, I've no idea either... :idunno:
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

tuco

aux in sound issue

Post by tuco » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:19 pm

I don't know the age of the car my head unit is from, I'll take the vents/unit out again and refit the cable, see if it makes any difference.

tuco

aux in sound issue

Post by tuco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:31 am

Tried it again, still no bass? Also put the grey unit back in and sound is fine. Maybe I need another aux in cable.