Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headlights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Descarl

Headlights

Post by Descarl » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:46 am

Hi all

I've been having some problems with the aftermarket headlights a previous owner fitted to my Z (E85). It seems a bulb for one of the halo rings has gone which is causing the indicator to come on with sidelights and the headlight warning light on the dash. I don't believe you can change the halo ring bulb on the headlights so I bought a set of standard facelift headlights. I bought them off separate sellers and was going to fit them today but on looking at them I seem to have a problem. One of the headlights has chrome internal surfaces and the other has black internal surfaces. Can anyone tell me if one of these is standard (they are both halogen units) or did BMW, in their wisdom, offer both just to irritate me!

If one of them is non-standard I could send it back to the seller but if they were both options then I guess I have to accept I should have paid more attention!

Thanks

Carl

Leesfarm07

Headlights

Post by Leesfarm07 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Descari. The chrome inner was fitted to the 3.0ltr models and black on the rest I'm afraid. You can get inners but you'll have to split the lights as in a previous topic. I'm not sure how to send the link but you'll find it in the "how to" section
Current
2012 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG Sport auto in black
Westfield SE 1800 Zetec on twin 45's Aldon-Tuned pocket rocket in orange
Gone but not forgotten my lovely Zed 2.5